jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
LoneWolf DS - Fire On The Water v1.0
Choose Your Own Adventure Hombrew Game!
lonewolfflightfromthedarkness.png
Michoko has released Fire on the Water v1.0 for the LoneWolf DS series.
For those who don't know - LoneWolfDS is a series of choose your own adventure type books for the Nintendo DS.
Full changelog and download below.
Changelog said:
2008/07/12 : v1.0
- Fixed merchants items in section #181
- Added a note in the equipment section explaining you can't own more than 50 crowns at once
- Fixed a bug which allowed to pick 3 items as your starting equipment instead of 2
- Fixed a bug in section #91 where you could pick an infinite number of meals
- If you had lost your backpack from previous book, it is now again available (your King is a generous
man
wink.gif
)
- If you load a saved game from book I, your endurance is now fully restored.
- Now you get the correct amount of gold when starting from a previous save.
- Fixed section #12 and the handling of the Sixth Sense bonus, which was incorrect.
- Added a "loading" message at launch, some people thought the game had crashed while it was just
initializing.
[title:Developer's Note & Compatibility List]You can get the game here : http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

(please don't host the ROM on your site but use this link instead, as required by the Project Aon licensed!! People continue to host it in their Downloads section without respecting this simple request!)

I'm now using the new EFSLib by Noda, which should add some improvements in speed and compatibility with SLOT 2 linkers. But this lib scans for all the files on your linker at launch, until it finds itself. So if you have many ROMs on your linker, or if your SD card is not very fast, it may take a bit of time to initialize (especially the first time you launch it). So please, be patient! smile.gif

The game has been successfully tested on:
- CycloDS Evolution
- R4
- R6 Gold
- M3 Real (work with M3 manager 3.6. If it doesn't work, try launching it via DS Organize)
- M3-Lite\M3-miniSD\M3-SD
- M3 Perfect
- Supercard DS One
- Datel Games N Music
- G6 Real
- Max Media Player

HOW TO LOAD A GAME FROM THE "FLIGHT FROM THE DARK" BOOK: You can continue your adventure from the previous book, with all your stats/items and disciplines. To do so, you first have to save a game at the very last section of the previous volume, then launch "Fire on the water" and select 'NEW GAME'. You should be offered to continue from a previous saved game.

And thanks to all the generous players who sent me PayPal donations!

Have fun!
wink.gif

Michoko

download.gif
Download from Project Aon
icon11.gif
Project Website
icon11.gif
Project Aon (English and Spanish HTML versions)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This games are so good......First LoneWolf DS was one of the nicest and most polished-out homebrew games/books I've ever seen..I believe this one will keep the looks, but be even better..

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Anyone know an ETA on the next part? I only finished this part today and I just love it!
I imported my save file from the first book, and then made a new save at every point where you have multiple choices, this way I can always pick the best path AND get to see every possible option and dialogue.
I know this is kind of cheating but I just don't have time to play through more than once, and I like to see everything in the game.

I still hope for a kind of editor app for windows to let you import books like these, the Fighting Fantasy range in perticular.
I'm not sure how easy or hard this would be to create, but it's certainly an interesting idea that keeps coming back to me.

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Sorry but I really can't give an ETA for future books, since I do them on my spare time.

About a generic engine for other books series, beside the fact they are copyrighted, I think it would not be trivial. Today, the LoneWolfDS engine relies on a rules set which is specific to the LW series. Making some kind of editor where you could design your own rules, your own inventory / stats system and your own adventure would certainly require a lot of work to make something flexible enough.

To be honest, I'll pass on this one
wink.gif

Cheers
Michoko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo