LoneWolf DS - Fire On The Water v1.0

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Jul 13, 2008.

Jul 13, 2008
  1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    [​IMG] LoneWolf DS - Fire On The Water v1.0
    Choose Your Own Adventure Hombrew Game!
    [​IMG]
    Michoko has released Fire on the Water v1.0 for the LoneWolf DS series.
    For those who don't know - LoneWolfDS is a series of choose your own adventure type books for the Nintendo DS.
    Full changelog and download below.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

[​IMG] Download from Project Aon
    [​IMG] Project Website
    [​IMG] Project Aon (English and Spanish HTML versions)

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    This games are so good......First LoneWolf DS was one of the nicest and most polished-out homebrew games/books I've ever seen..I believe this one will keep the looks, but be even better..

3. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Great games, still not started this one but I'm sure I'll enjoy it as much as the first!
    Keep it up!

4. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    woah... never knew about a first one. sweet, now i have LOTS to do on mah ds [​IMG]

5. guigr

Newcomer guigr Member

France
    This one is much longer than the first book. I can't wait for the third now!

6. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Anyone know an ETA on the next part? I only finished this part today and I just love it!
    I imported my save file from the first book, and then made a new save at every point where you have multiple choices, this way I can always pick the best path AND get to see every possible option and dialogue.
    I know this is kind of cheating but I just don't have time to play through more than once, and I like to see everything in the game.

I still hope for a kind of editor app for windows to let you import books like these, the Fighting Fantasy range in perticular.
    I'm not sure how easy or hard this would be to create, but it's certainly an interesting idea that keeps coming back to me.

7. Michoko

Newcomer Michoko Advanced Member

France
    Hi,

Sorry but I really can't give an ETA for future books, since I do them on my spare time.

About a generic engine for other books series, beside the fact they are copyrighted, I think it would not be trivial. Today, the LoneWolfDS engine relies on a rules set which is specific to the LW series. Making some kind of editor where you could design your own rules, your own inventory / stats system and your own adventure would certainly require a lot of work to make something flexible enough.

To be honest, I'll pass on this one [​IMG]

Cheers
    Michoko

8. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

These games are amazing, well done!