wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
Lone Wolf: Caverns of Kalte v1.5
Update
longwolf62410.png

Caverns of Kalte has received an update, and is now running stable on tested linkers. For more information about the project please check the link below. As per the project-AON request, new files will not be mirrored on filetrip. Please read the included change log file, if you own an untested Flash Kit -- Please report which kit you tested it on!

Change Log said:
• Recompiled with a more stable SDK and the latest version of the game engine.
• Fixed various bugs from the RC version.

download.gif
Off-site Download
icon11.gif
Homepage

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Hi, and thanks for writing this news.

shakirmoledina said:
i wonder if its too serious... dont think it would be NECESSARY to get the newer version
Well, nothing is necessary, but if you want to play the game without the bugs I fixed, it is recommended.
wink.gif

Here is the official announcement, so you have an idea of what has been released exactly:

QUOTEThanks to the feedback from many people after the release of the candidate version of Caverns Of Kalte, I was able to fix some bugs in book 3 and tweak the code so the game works on many linkers now. This is hopefully the final version and is a recommended update!
wink.gif

So here it is, version 1.5 of Caverns of Kalte. Why 1.5 and not 1.0? Because I decided to make a massive release and relaunch the previous titles too, which will then take advantage of the latest improvements (better engine, all the musics from the different books, different preview icons in the linker menu, enhanced compatibilty...). So in order to synchronize all the versions, I used a common release number.

By the way, the Spanish version of Book 1 has also been updated.

You can get all those new files here: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

(as always, please don't host the ROM on your site but use the above link instead, as required by the Project Aon licensed! Thanks!)

Also, for those who own a DSTwo, adrian_fahrenheit made cool plugins for the first 3 books. You can get them here:
http://filetrip.net/f12061-DStwo-Lone-Wolf...lug-in-1-0.html
http://filetrip.net/f12062-DStwo-Lone-Wolf...lug-in-1-0.html
http://filetrip.net/f12063-DStwo-Lone-Wolf...lug-in-1-0.html

PS: started working on Book 4...
As you can see, for those who didn't give a go to the previous books, or who couldn't because they were not working on their linker, it can be a good opportunity to try them out.

Have fun!
smile.gif

Frédéric Calendini

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
another question... how many books are u planning? i read there are 28 but soon to be 32... if u like doing this, i think 32 isnt that difficult
By the way, is donation necessary? i see paypal.com loading but i get the same website again and again... besides, i havent had a cent on my paypal account since well, forever
thanks

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
another question... how many books are u planning? i read there are 28 but soon to be 32... if u like doing this, i think 32 isnt that difficult
By the way, is donation necessary? i see paypal.com loading but i get the same website again and again... besides, i havent had a cent on my paypal account since well, forever
thanks

Well, I don't have specific plans, since I'm doing that on my free time. But now that the project is revived, I'd like to do at least the first 5 books. After that, the book rules change, and that would need extra work, so I don't know. As long as I'll get pleasure doing it, I'll continue, I suppose.

About donations... well... it is not "necessary", but if you ask me if I'd appreciate it, of course I'd do!
smile.gif
Frankly if I had received $1 for every download of my games, I could envision this as a professional activity. Unfortunately, making DS homebrews doesn't seem to be the fastest way to fortune, since I really didn't receive many donations (by the way, I'd like to thank everyone who made a donation to me, it was always helpful and rewarding).

So if you want to show your appreciation of my work and of the gift I'm making to the community, then of course, a donation will be really appreciated (especially at this moment, where my financial situation would benefit from any support
wink.gif
). It's up to you!
smile.gif

Frédéric

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i just finished the first book and it was simple but very well made... if a commercial would have been released then the only thing changed would be that the books would be compiled
simply brilliant interface and music

Aia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible bug report here for Caverns of Kalte, v1.5:

[Background]
This character has gone through the first two books.
I ended up losing my backpack, and items in it the normal section of the inventory, somewhere pretty early on, but everything on the specials page is still there, including the Sommerswerd.

[Bug]
Despite having the Sommerswerd still listed in my inventory, page 170 does NOT allow the "if you have the Sommerswerd..." option to be selected.
Edit: Actually, none of the Sommerswerd checks are working. Will test again without losing the backpack later.

[Other Notes]
I'm pretty sure the +combat bonus from the Sommerswerd is still in effect.

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Aia said:
Possible bug report here for Caverns of Kalte, v1.5:

[Background]
This character has gone through the first two books.
I ended up losing my backpack, and items in it the normal section of the inventory, somewhere pretty early on, but everything on the specials page is still there, including the Sommerswerd.

[Bug]
Despite having the Sommerswerd still listed in my inventory, page 170 does NOT allow the "if you have the Sommerswerd..." option to be selected.
Edit: Actually, none of the Sommerswerd checks are working. Will test again without losing the backpack later.

[Other Notes]
I'm pretty sure the +combat bonus from the Sommerswerd is still in effect.

Thanks Aia for the report. I tried to reproduce it, but couldn't encounter the bug. If you could send me the save file (saved at section 170), I could really check what's wrong. The file is called "Caverns Of Kalte.xml" and should be at the root of the card. My mail is lonewolfdsfree.fr. Thank you for your help!
smile.gif

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Hi Aia,

I received your saved file, and could reproduce the bug. In fact, it's an issue when you possess the Sommerswerd but don't use it as an equipped weapon. I fixed the bug in the engine, but a temporary solution is to equip the Sommerswerd before entering section #170. By the way, it's more interesting to equip it permanently because you'll then free a "Special Item" slot.
(and normally you shouldn't get the CS bonus if you don't equip it, so I fixed this too)

Thank you for your help!
smile.gif

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Ok, it seems that a few nasty bugs were still present in the previous global release of the books, sorry about that!
frown.gif

So now they are hopefully fixed, I'm doing a "hotfix release" which, of course, is a recommended download.

Here's the changelog:
QUOTE said:
Changelog:
2010/07/05:version 1.51 *hotfix!*
- Fixed a very nasty bug that didn't save some important events in the save file (ouch! Thanks Pozda!)
- Fixed a bug when the Sommerswerd was not equipped as a weapon, but was still giving full CS bonus (thanks Aia!)
- Fixed a bug when the Sommerswerd was not equipped as a weapon, and was not detected as being in the inventory.

The files are always present at the usual address: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

Have fun!
Frédéric

Aia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm-- so that means, if you have the Sommerswerd equipped as a weapon, it's susceptible to any events that remove your weapons, right? However, if you kept it in Specials, that's not a problem. I seem to recall that happening in book 2, before you get the Sommerswerd, which makes it irrelevant, but an interesting point.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: