I dug it. Looks interesting
smile.gif
gonna try it out, thanks.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, guys, this was in the news on the front page a while back, and IIRC there was another recent item in the user submitted news forum at least, if it didn't make the front page again.

Yes, it's nice, but I wish that he would have made the engine generic with some way to add your own similar style books possibly with alternate rules as well, e.g. the Steve Jackson series of similar books, and the second series that he did later.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cutterjohn said:
Uh, guys, this was in the news on the front page a while back, and IIRC there was another recent item in the user submitted news forum at least, if it didn't make the front page again.

Yes, it's nice, but I wish that he would have made the engine generic with some way to add your own similar style books possibly with alternate rules as well, e.g. the Steve Jackson series of similar books, and the second series that he did later.
It's not the same one as the homebrew.

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cutterjohn said:

That would make me so happy
smile.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pkprostudio said:
cutterjohn said:

Uh, yes it is...

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks (from the screenshots) different than the Hyena player, at least from what I can tell, it looks like you hold it book-style ala Brain Age or Hotel Dusk. Oh yeah, and watch the video, there is now music, animated rolls, and it doesn't speak.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The Hyena player was meant to be able to be used without having to look at the screen. Kinda like if you're driving and you just press one button (shoulder button), but you had to keep track of everything in your head as you "listen" to the story.

This one looks more like an interactive game where it keeps track and helps you go through everything as you read and make your choices.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cutterjohn said:
pkprostudio said:
cutterjohn said:

Uh, yes it is...
No it is not. The homebrew is called Hyena. It is designed to play gamebooks with automated voice. This 'Lone Wolf DS' is a complete game with inventory, char sheet, etc. built in. Besides, it plays by holding it like a book, not normal like Hyena.

EDIT: I don't know if anyone noticed, but you can download it.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pkprostudio said:
cutterjohn said:
pkprostudio said:
cutterjohn said:

Uh, yes it is...
No it is not. The homebrew is called Hyena. It is designed to play gamebooks with automated voice. This 'Lone Wolf DS' is a complete game with inventory, char sheet, etc. built in. Besides, it plays by holding it like a book, not normal like Hyena.

Hate to break it to ya buddy, but this is every bit as much homebrew as Hyena player.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cutterjohn said:
pkprostudio said:
cutterjohn said:
pkprostudio said:
cutterjohn said:

Uh, yes it is...

Hate to break it to ya buddy, but this is every bit as much homebrew as Hyena player.

No one said this isn't a homebrew program. Do you see anyone claiming this is a retail game? This homebrew is completely different from Hyena player, as pkprostudio has already explained. The only similarity between Hyena and this program is that they both run the Lone Wolf.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grimalkin said:
Yes, this is the same as the homebrew. pkprostudio, stop being a twit; the homepages are the exact same.
See this? http://www.collectingsmiles.com/hyena/

Scroll down to the section that says 'Download', then click the link that says 'Hyena 1.02 DS'. OK? Now be sure to save it where you can access it.

Now go to http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/downloads.php

Then click 'Download "Flight From The Dark" for DS (RC6)'. Get it? Now save it too.

Then unzip both of them. Are you following me so far? Now get the .nds files (make sure it's .nds), then put them on your flashcart. If you have one, that is. Don't forget to copy the other files for Hyena on there too.

Now put your flashcart in your DS, and turn it on. Now go to where you put those two .nds files. Launch one of them. Look at it for a while. OK? Now turn off your DS and turn it on again. Now launch the other .nds file. Look at it for a while too. See? They're both exactly the same.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they ARE different programs, but the way your statemen was worded implied that Hyena was homebrew(which it is) and that the Project Aon program wasn't homebrew.(which it also is).

Also the original point stands, as there exists a thread in the User Submitted News Forum, pre-dating this one by several days at least IIRC.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cutterjohn said:
Of course they ARE different programs, but the way your statemen was worded implied that Hyena was homebrew(which it is) and that the Project Aon program wasn't homebrew.(which it also is).

Also the original point stands, as there exists a thread in the User Submitted News Forum, pre-dating this one by several days at least IIRC.
I said it's a complete game. Not a commercial game, not a retail game. Just a game. Homebrews can be games too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok