jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
heartgold said:
The fuck, my friend can smell smoke from his house now. The highstreet is only a 4/5 minute drive away from my house. :s

you kidding? 0_0 gosh all i can do is pray for you, don't bother calling the police they are not responding to calls, just recently a old woman had her door kicked down and she called the police, no one turned up, i'm serious, if anyone comes to your door be prepared, if the fire comes to your house, get out fast and grab what you can, i'm not trying to scare you i am just trying to help you out, just don't panic.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0146: Ho Ke from
Woolwich in London
writes: My flat is about 2
minutes walk from the main part of
the town. I can see lots of black
smoke billowing across the horizon
and I can see looters trying to get
into the Barclays bank. The old
Wetherspoons pub has burnt down
and barricades in the main square
have been pulled down. The
Wimpy restaurant, Wilkinsons and
Primark are all on fire, whilst JD
Sports, Burtons and Primark are all
currently being raided. I went out
to take photographs and I saw
looters carrying boxes walking out
of these stores. It's pretty scary.[/p]

That's only 10 minutes away from me. :/

@jalaneme

Thanks, ill be sure to give a good fight. xD

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its time I get some sleep.
TFL is not saying anything about transport closure, but is it really safe to travel..
I really need to see my lawyer tomorrow and with the stuff going on, its pretty scary -.-

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
TFL is not saying anything about transport closure, but is it really safe to travel..
I really need to see my lawyer tomorrow and with the stuff going on, its pretty scary -.-
Don't worry, daytime will be safer than tonight. Those fags need their sleep as well.

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
heartgold said:
Tanveer said:
Don't worry, daytime will be safer than tonight. Those fags need their sleep as well.

Daytime is almost as bad. It's quieter here now than it was in the afternoon. Also lol at the hyper-sensitive mod deleting a genuine question. Many people are over-reacting to things, especially on Twitter.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZPE said:
heartgold said:
Tanveer said:

Daytime is almost as bad. It's quieter here now than it was in the afternoon. Also lol at the hyper-sensitive mod deleting a genuine question. Many people are over-reacting to things, especially on Twitter.
I doubt they'll be causing troubles in the morning. More likely late afternoons and evening. Still not safe either way =(

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZPE said:
Nimbus said:
I dont need to know, or care about the reason why these people are rioting. I will state that this is irrelevant.

They can at least -explicit- -bleep- -some swear word you've never heard of- damn well be civil about it!

Smashing up property will not solve anything, just shows that they are capable of being a bunch of d***s!

Absolutely pathetic! I didn't really expect anything else of society though.

So what's your alternative to this action? Peaceful protest? That has proven not to work.

At least it's better than absolute destruction!

Neither one really works effectively at some point. Violent descruction works well at first but fails later on, and visa versa for Peaceful.

Oh and mind you my Mother lives over in the UK. I'd still thy tongue if I were you. Last thing I want her to have happen is to get hurt.

*Draws claws*

And we wouldn't want that now would we..

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Are there any estimated damage costs at this point? It sounds like they are burning down just about everything.
There has been MASSIVE lootings and destruction over the past few days. I'd say that there are millions of pounds in damages.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silent Storm said:
The UK doesn't use euros.
Whoops, I meant pounds. Thanks for the correction!
tongue.gif

MaximusDecemus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to offer my condolences on behalf of Ireland to the people of England. The recession and austerity is hard enough without this caveman behaviour. It's hard to believe that this can happen in the 21st century. What happened to common decency? I am a little surprised that this hasn't happened in Ireland yet.

If I was to guess, I'd imagine that the family bonds are keeping our scumbags in check. I have known some scumbags who would get the shit kicked out of them by their father if they did something like this. Papers like the dailymail are always mentioning the lack of a strong family cohesion in many parts of modern Britain. Or maybe it is simply a lack of discipline within reasonably strong family units.

I could be wrong though...

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
m3rox said:
This is what happens when you outlaw guns.
You're a dumbass. The last thing we need is these people armed. Outlawing guns did not cause these riots in any way. Hell with guns these could've been so much worse.

As for the riots this is just criminals pure and simple. People looking for people start violence, then other people join in because its a chance to screw over the Police that are doing their jobs protecting law-abiding citizens every day, cause that makes sense. Then somebody decides to smash a window and loot. Then more people do it because, HEY FREE STUFF! Then it just spirals from there, one area to the next. People don't know what the rioting started over, hell it didn't even really START over that issue, it was just people wanting trouble. One video I saw had a sky news reporter using a phone camera or something and videoing a shop being looted with no Police around. He asked a girl why she was doing it, she replied with "We is getting our taxes back". Its dumb as all hell.

I'm really disconnected from this story because I live just about the opposite end of the country from London (N-East Scotland) but I hope anybody near these riots who's not a part of it doesn't get hurt. And I hope as many people as possible are held to account for their actions.

emigre said:
m3rox said:

Guns would have just inflamed the situation. Think about it, there's already chaos. Innocents using guns would make it even more chaotic.

Dark day for British society. Really we have some genuine issues, we as a society need to sort out.

Tanveer said:
m3rox said:
How do you think guns would make the situation any better? o.o
sarcastic much :/

QUOTE(jalaneme @ Aug 9 2011, 12:19 AM) QUOTE(Tanveer @ Aug 9 2011, 12:03 AM)
Hackney Central
_54494869_hackney_burnt_car.jpg

Follow on BBC Live: [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675[/url]

@jalaneme
If police can hold them up till tomorrow morning, I am sure things will be safer.

I am in my living room with the bat, just in case o.o

Its pretty quiet here in barking, but I can still hear sirens from far distance.

lolz i don't blame you, when it comes to protecting your family and everything you own it's survival of the fittest, i was thinking of getting one of my brooms from the cupboard to use as a weapon, it's better than nothing XD

Posts merged

QUOTE(m3rox @ Aug 9 2011, 12:14 AM)

+100 there is no way to protect yourself in situations like this.
Brooms wont help o.o. Seriously..

Police sirens suddenly got pretty loud here. Who knows, maybe the local shops down here got burnt or something -.-
I hope not..

Angel/Islington is apparently unaffected. Where as in Camden a group of people are on the street.

You guys don't think the police would be able to get a better handle on things if they had guns instead of those weak ass batons?

I never said anything about the citizens having guns. Your stupid country only allows your police to carry batons. How is a baton going to protect someone if someone smuggles a gun into your country?

*waits for more stupid comments*

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seicomart said:
They're climbing in your windows, snatching your Adidas up...

Tryin to wear em so, yaw'll need to hide your kids, hide your wife. Hide your kids, hide your wife. hide your kids, hide your wife! -and hide your husbands cause they're wearing ya shoes out here.

Sorry, I couldn't help it!
biggrin.gif
Seriously, we some shit like that to happen in the states. People here just sit on their asses while our government "raeps" us in the ass

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ping, there was no need to remove my post. I was only responding to the negative comments being thrown at me.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make all the protesters/rioters carry briefcases and roll a few tanks down the street. Arson is a scray thing, the USA has had its share of rioting and my Father was in LA when the Rodney King riots went down, lets just say he didn't slow or stop his semi on his way out of town.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Todderbert said:
Make all the protesters/rioters carry briefcases and roll a few tanks down the street. Arson is a scray thing, the USA has had its share of rioting and my Father was in LA when the Rodney King riots went down, lets just say he didn't slow or stop his semi on his way out of town.

The Rodney King riots were such a long time ago. Hell, I was a little kid watching "Mighty Morphin: Power Rangers" when that happened. Thing is, Americans today are a lot more tame then the last two to three generations. In the past people were actually willing to stand up or their rights and what they believe in. Now people just sit on their ass and say "that's just the way of the world" as if it's some perverted excuse to not speak the damn truth about how the working class in this country are screwed. Why the hell is most of the wealth in this country owned by ONE percent?! that in it self makes me scratch my head every day. it's just plain off and people say nothing. Shameful.

Back to London. I'm sure that not all of those rioters are shameless looters. I know that many people in Europe and the world are just tired of capitalism and the corrupted governmental systems it supports. I wish the rioters luck and safety to our fellow tempers across the pond.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So UK is the same as everywhere else right? Filled with a bunch of savages.

Every reasons is good to protest it seems. Even a riot was started in Vancouver due to the fact they lost the stanley cup.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
common practice here
laugh.gif
; we don't even bother with the police anymore, the army just comes straight away.

on a more serious note, don't feel the urge to do something against all this, best to stay at home.

stay safe people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But instead, advertising cheap turntable styluses that claim to reduce hiss and noise.