London riots: Violence erupts for third day

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
_54490239_jex_1130636_de52-1.jpg
Riot police have again been deployed to the streets of London as violence broke out for a third day running.

Cars were set on fire in Lewisham and a bus and shop were set ablaze in Peckham. A large furniture shop in Croydon is also well alight.

In Hackney, police have sealed off part of Mare Street after youths smashed police car windows.

The trouble flared after a man was stopped in Hackney and searched by police but nothing was found.

There were also fears trouble may spread further afield as police in riot gear were deployed in Birmingham city centre after scores of youths rampaged through the shopping area, smashing windows.

The fresh violence prompted Acting Scotland Yard Commissioner Tim Godwin to called on parents to contact their children and urged the public to clear London's streets.

Up to 200 police officers in riot gear are in the Hackney area and are clashing with youths, who have tried to set fire to vehicles.

Groups of people began attacking the police in Hackney at about 16:20 BST, throwing rocks and a bin at officers.

Police cars were also smashed by youths armed with wooden poles and metal bars.

Looters also smashed their way into shops, including a JD Sports store, before being dispersed by police.

Planks of wood taken from a lorry were then hurled towards lines of riot officers.

Violence has broken out in Peckham, south London, where a shop and a bus have been set on fire.

In nearby Lewisham, a number of vehicles and a trail of bins on fire. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source

I just heard from my friends, some areas in Eastham, Barking and Ilford has been closed down as stuff started going on..

Pretty bad situation. Public and private transports narrowing down.

LIVE COVERAGE!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This is worse than what was here afew months back. Guess people just can't live in peace, can they? 'Tards. As far as I'm aware it was because of some 29 yr old being killed or something??

I like how in every riot there is a grey track suit hooded guy.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone got shot by the police the other day, so now people are using it to just generally be scum and also playing the poverty/lack of opportunities card.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wombo Combo said:
So why are they rioting?
Someone got shot the other day.
Serious situation dude.

I just heard shops are being smashed in East Ham.
Underground/Subways are closed.

Bethnal green area isnt looking too good either.

Croydon is in pretty bad situation.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
eh i read this on my yahoo homepage today.. they point it on blackberry messenger app for police to cant track messages as an excuse to not control shit

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Also I should add that I have a feeling that if this doesn't calm down very soon we will see curfews/martial law and possibly the army on the streets to maintain order.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tanveer said:
Just heard from my dads friend.. his shop near Mile End Underground station got smashed and set on fire.

this is just ridiculous
frown.gif

frown.gif

A lot of the shops around here had there shutters down when I was out earlier. Nothing happening around here though, hopefully stays that way.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tanveer said:
I live not too far from Ilford bro.
Didnt see many cars on the street.
But I am safe at home
biggrin.gif
!
As long as a temper is safe
biggrin.gif

This year has been a riot marathon.

If they bring out the Curfew ideas and Army on streets, it'll become the same as here. :wtf: Well atleast now there's no more curfew, just Police checkpoints
tongue.gif

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
p1ngpong said:
Also I should add that I have a feeling that if this doesn't calm down very soon we will see curfews/martial law and possibly the army on the streets to maintain order.
Police took some beating down at Tottenham yesterday.
Also, yes.. not gonna stop anytime soon. Public transport is temp. down in most areas.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Armadillo said:
Tanveer said:
Just heard from my dads friend.. his shop near Mile End Underground station got smashed and set on fire.

this is just ridiculous
frown.gif

frown.gif

A lot of the shops around here had there shutters down when I was out earlier. Nothing happening around here though, hopefully stays that way.
I heard even down at Chelsea its not looking too good.

The way its going, its just spreading wider and not stopping anytime soon.

edit: Clapham, Dalston etc. Shops being smashed.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Tanveer said:
p1ngpong said:
Also, yes.. not gonna stop anytime soon. Public transport is temp. down in most areas.

There aren't enough police around that are able to deal with this, which is the main problem. Trouble randomly flares up in unconnected areas and they have been moving the police around to deal with things as and when they happened. Apparently when Clapham Junction was being set on fire by 200 people earlier there were no police available to respond. So yeah I think the army may well be the only option soon.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
p1ngpong said:
Tanveer said:
p1ngpong said:

There aren't enough police around that are able to deal with this, which is the main problem. Trouble randomly flares up in unconnected areas and they have been moving the police around to deal with things as and when they happened. Apparently when Clapham Junction was being set on fire by 200 people earlier there were no police available to respond. So yeah I think the army may well be the only option soon.
Well, this is just all the sudden. But I have to agree, at the rate its going, the police force may not be strong enough to hold them back in all areas.

Follow live on BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

Croydon: Shopping mall and buildings on fire.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tanveer said:
Armadillo said:
Tanveer said:

this is just ridiculous
frown.gif

frown.gif

I heard even down at Chelsea its not looking too good.

The way its going, its just spreading wider and not stopping anytime soon.

edit: Clapham, Dalston etc. Shops being smashed.

frown.gif

I'm pretty much right in the middle of it then (leytonstone). Got Tottenham a bit up from me, ilford over to the right and hackney to the left
frown.gif
. Hope it doesn't spread over this way
frown.gif

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont know why Birmingham is rioting, nowhere near London!! I'm outside of Birmingham in Nottingham which is famous for having riots, gun crime and knife crime. Yet nothing here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello