Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I got into an argument with my father about this thing.
I will use the following diagram with the colour coding:
99836601.png

When we (red dot) were approaching a set of traffic lights (red intersection), my dad said to turn left at "the second traffic light". I did not turn at the green ones, but waited until the blue ones. He went crazy and punched me. When he said "second traffic" light at our position, would it be correct to say the green one is the one he was talking about or the blue one? Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted_171835

fp3vo9.png

You're incorrect. Well, that's my take on it. It's a bit much for your dad to punch you, though.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
SoulSnatcher said:
fp3vo9.png

You're incorrect. Well, that's my take on it. It's a bit much for your dad to punch you, though.
Damn it... lol, I hate it when the old man is correct. Of course, it is a bit much that he did this since I'm a 21 year old dude...

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
fp3vo9.png

Unfortunately, you ARE incorrect.

LOL, my dad hits me with a belt and I'm still in high school. :/

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, you were approaching the stoplight, so it would be your first.
The green one would be the second one...
You dad didn't had to hit you though.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm interested to know how you came to the conclusion that the blue light was the 2nd one. No matter how I look at the diagram, at your current position the green one is the definitely the 2nd.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I could possibly apply such logic to a roundabout depending on the timing (if indeed it was too late to legally/safely turn into the "first" after your entrance) but an intersection I can not get to.

On the other hand you might be able to claim a similar logic to the first floor/ground floor disparity between English dialects (immediate and ground floor) but I have never seen language used in such a manner when it comes to driving.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
FAST6191 said:
I could possibly apply such logic to a roundabout depending on the timing (if indeed it was too late to legally/safely turn into the "first" after your entrance) but an intersection I can not get to.

On the other hand you might be able to claim a similar logic to the first floor/ground floor disparity between English dialects (immediate and ground floor) but I have never seen language used in such a manner when it comes to driving.
The intersection that I was approaching was not possible to make a safe turn in, because we were at a 70km/h zone while I was about a meter from the lights.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol