Location of the nintendo 3ds update on the sc card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chrisssj2, May 13, 2014.

1. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    I have asked this before but I really must know. I don't want to format or wipe card or whatever.

I just want to remove the update from the SDcard.

Everytime I get this notification when Im connected online, and I Play Mario kart 7 online.

Sure u can press no, but sometimes im on "auto" mode and I never know what I might do..

so is there someone who knows???

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    it's not on the sd card, it's stored in the 3ds console memory.
    you can format the 3ds if you want the message to go away, or set parental controls so you cannot update by accident :)

3. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    No I want to delete it manually. I remember that I deleted this update from the SD card I think before...

Parental control will lock my out of online, I don't want that....want to play online but without stupid update notice.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    if you think you deleted it from the sd card, then sure, keep looking.
    let us know when you have found it :) ;)

i think you can customize parental controls, but still, you won't be able to go online, well, play games online, since you are not on the latest update, right?

5. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Yes I am on latest update with gateway so I can play online

But still need to get rid of this annoying msg in sys nand

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    This feature is really annoying. I am 100% sure I never ever added a wifi network on the real NAND, yet somehow it keeps connecting to networks I add on emuNAND when I am on the real NAND and I am now getting that godforsaken prompt every time I turn my 3DS on. I suspect it won't be too long until there are homebrew apps that can solve things like this though.

7. nicklesminer

nicklesminer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    Thats how it works unfortunately. Everytime you add a wireless connection in emunand it also adds it to realnand. You have to manually delete it from the realnand afterwards.

8. phanteon

phanteon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    this is what i've just done.
    if you set up a connection it will appear on both. But if you delete it from sysnand, wont disappear in emunand

9. Mariko

Mariko GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2009
    Yeah, I have the same problem, which led to many awkward situations. But seriously, your only option is to format console's NAND. If you have this problem on emuNAND, then there might be a way of getting rid of this, but I wouldn't know where to start. It should be possible to dump the SD card image and edit out or at least damage the update data. If you're on real NAND, get used to the nag.

Is that still true? I have no WiFi connections configured in realNAND and I have one configured in emuNAND, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have to remove it afterwards. When emuNAND was on lower firmware, I think the settings would duplicate, but now that the firmwares are so far apart, I don't think they do. I might be wrong, though.

10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    My emuNAND is on 7.1 and it happened just a couple days ago.

11. an07her

an07her GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    Its on SD card. Few days ago it happened to me so I deleted every big file from the SD and message went away. Not sure the size though. I had update data that I accidentally deleted too.

12. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    parental control no longer prevents update since 4.x thats what i heard people keeping saying

cearp likes this.
  13. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    ooh ok, thanks :)