Homebrew Question Local play using a non hacked switch with hacked switch - ban?

lordpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have traded some pokemons from my NSP Let's go Eevee copy to my friend's legitimate Let's go Pikachu cart, and she hasn't been banned (afaik)
I'll try to create some Mews in my copy and trade them to her, I'll let you know if she gets banned :P

• Haha
Reactions: Blythe93

Cencil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From the title screen, hit right twice --> Local Wireless --> Create a room. Then have the second switch do the same but instead select join a room.
This is local play which requires wifi. Real ad hoc is only supported in specific switch games by entering a button combination at the title screen. Mario Kart is one of them.

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm a big dummy and misunderstood the OP. I still wonder though, will the clean switch send telemetry that it receives from the dirty switch (via LAN or ad hoc play) to N that identifies the dirty switch as hacked? If so, a dirty switch may be at further risk of ban for participating in ad hoc/LAN play.

You can have a wireless LAN that does not have internet access. Connect two switches to it and they can communicate with each other but not the internet.

Alternatively, you could use ad hoc, which is a direct connection between 2-8 consoles and does not require a router or internet connection. If you and a friend were stranded in the desert with your switches, hundreds of miles from the nearest wifi, you could still play Smash together using ad hoc.

OH!
How do you use this adhoc? Is it automatic with games or do I have to go to settings or something?

EDIT: nevermind seems game specific option :)

Last edited by radicalwookie,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Airplane mode is on? It needs to be off
Do you use a kip file to make this work ? If yes, it's not ad hoc

EDIT : Alright I misunderstood, Smash Bros does not require wifi, that's why you need a kip file, to make it use WiFi so you can "emulate" local play and use Internet instead.

Last edited by LightBeam,

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you use a kip file to make this work ? If yes, it's not ad hoc

EDIT : Alright I misunderstood, Smash Bros does not require wifi, that's why you need a kip file, to make it use WiFi so you can "emulate" local play and use Internet instead.

I haven't used kip files, not sure what that is. As far as Smash goes, ad hoc can be used on CFW or OFW consoles.

ChibiReaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is local play which requires wifi. Real ad hoc is only supported in specific switch games by entering a button combination at the title screen. Mario Kart is one of them.
No its not. Its actual ad hoc because I've used it with both switches not on wifi at all.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes it's adhoc. It's a wireless adhoc, but its still adhoc.
switch-lan-play-v3.png

The lan Play mode like the one available in Mario Kart for example works like that, that's the one we can use without a CFW. This mode is not (yet) available on Smash Bros, that's why we need to use a sysmod

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have traded some pokemons from my NSP Let's go Eevee copy to my friend's legitimate Let's go Pikachu cart, and she hasn't been banned (afaik)
I'll try to create some Mews in my copy and trade them to her, I'll let you know if she gets banned :P

Generate some pokemon with moves that would otherwise be unobtainable, like a Geodude with thunderbolt. Have her use those pokemon and moves in battles online, that oughta do it...

ChibiReaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's adhoc. It's a wireless adhoc, but its still adhoc.
switch-lan-play-v3.png

The lan Play mode like the one available in Mario Kart for example works like that, that's the one we can use without a CFW. This mode is not (yet) available on Smash Bros, that's why we need to use a sysmod
No, you don't need to use any sysmod or kip or anything, it's literally available as soon as you launch the game from an xci, nsp or the cart itself.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: ChibiReaper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...