Hacking Loading Backups only with cIOS?

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there, I know this is my first post, and to be honest, I prefer to document my self first before posting, but Yesterday I ranned into this situation where I didn't understand what happened.

Now, I'm going to ask here before I go wild and experiment other stuff.

I made a boo boo, blah blah blah....... well, long story short, I restored my Wii with BootMiiv2
using my NAND.BIN backups that was on 3.1U Virgin and no hacks. Only things installed were DVDX, HombrewChannel1.0.3, and BootMii as Boot2 of course.

So, here I am with 3.1U, I install IOS16-64-**-prod.wad; Install cIOS38 Rev13b (WAD Install).

So I don't install BackupLoaders, cIOSCorp...... no method of backup loading.

And I insert my Super Smash Bros. Brawl DVD5 rip NTSC...... and It worked, It loaded!!!

So, I think......hmmm... what now.. I insert my MadWorld NTSC and It only shows the SystemUpdate, but doesn't run anything.

So I'm trying to understand what exactly happened here.

The SSBBDVD5NTSC was a rebuilt with Trucha Signer and Update files were not removed at all!!!

My MadWorld is a DVD5 ripped with USB Loader 1.5 using HDD and re-ripped to PC with WBFS 3.3.

So I don't understand what could of caused this, and if I can reproduce this, I can't simply patch my isos to run off cIOS without Backuploader nor CIOSCORP.

What do you Guys think, or does anyone know about this already???

Thanks.
And BTW, Great Site, more complete and it seems that people do reply to posts.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If you are running via the disc channel - quite clearly Madworld has some IOSs on it that are not contained in your Wii - thats why its asking for an update. Your Wii however has all the IOSs necessary for SSBB as although you did not physically remove the update partition it was done as part of the process to get it onto DVD5 before you "acquired" it. Google for a download pack of IOSs 38, 53 and 55 and install via homebrew channel and that should solve your upate problem or alternately simply wiiscrub the image of Madworld you have and remove the update partition and then make a new dvd image of it.
Oh and if you are using the disc channel rather than any backup loader you didnt need rev13b - rev7 would have been more than sufficient. BTW I assume your wii has some form of modchip.

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the input mate.

And no, I don't have a modchip at all.

Last night I decided to give it another go, but ranned into something that I don't fully comprehend.

Allow me to explain.

So, I decided to do the following:

Restored to SM 3.1U (Original How I had It).

Using IOS36, I installed cIOS38 Rev13b

And this time, I didn't get any results at all.

Backups will automaticly go to a disc read error.

Well, I plan today to Install the 3 files from SoftMii 2.9.7 (That I use for my Wii initially)

Install Me (IOS16-64-****-prod.wad)
Install Me Too (I don't know what this one is!)
Install Me Three (IOS249.WAD)

And see what happens when these are installed tonight.

Oh, and do you know if there is a menupatcher mod that will load from PreLoader and patch system menu in memory to run backups from disc Channel? I really don't want install cIOSCorp.

Thanks.

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK, I can confirm that SSBB DVD5NTSC rip I made works with IOS16 installed and cIOS38 Rev13b.

It loads from Disc Channel as Well.

As for MadWorld, I still get that update screen, but I don't want to update through disc, instead I'll find the wad and install it my self with WAD Manager.

I'll see how it goes.

I know exactly what happened and I here can ask for this thread to be closed.

The key to loading backups from disc channel without cios corp is to install cios60bf.wad and systemmenu417.wad.

After backups will show in Disc Channel.

But you must remove the update partition with wii scrubber and patch game partition with Trucha.

Game partition signed with Trucha will load the IOS (Example on SSBB is IOS35) since the IOS Installed had the trucha bug, game loaded.

But the other games will not load with out the partitions signed with Trucha Signature.

Long story short and It's what i'm going to go for is:

cios60bf.wad
systemmenu.wad

patch my wii games with truch and to load off ios249

All games will play from disc channel without cioscorp installed.

yay!!!!
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters