Not open for further replies.

geocool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well done golden45 !
I thought that backup loading on wii u was really far from happening.

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't made cafiine, I just ported it for 5.3.2 and add a dump function. Thanks chadderz (maybe other people too i don't know) for this tool :)
And yes it's legit, i didn't show all the process because it's better with some mystery =)

First the FW spoofer and now this! The Wii U Homebrew Scene may have been slow but boy is it picking up steam! GREAT WORK to all involved :D

I only work on 5.3.2 but wouldn't be that hard to port on other fw.

I'm hoping that the FW spoofer is also ported to lower FW's than 5.3.2. If people are getting this much working with current exploits, maybe they can find a way to EmuNand without IOSU!

Well done golden45, keep up the good work! (P.S. Let me know if you want me to test anything on lower FW if you don't have access to a machine that low ;))

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what is the less than symbol for. if youre less than 5.5 you should be good.
haha, I think he's referring to 4chan greentexting :rofl:

If you weren't serious then I'm sorry, can't tell if you're being sarcastic lol

Back on topic: I'm getting closer and closer to wanting a WiiU; looking forward to Smash 4 mods the most! hopefully in a few years everything can be done with offline methods B-) Nice job!

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you just use Remote Desktop or something similar and have the same effect?

I use VNC all the time (as I type this, in fact) and the latency is a bit high for gaming. I've yet to find mobile clients that offer versatile scaling options, and those which perform best do not necessarily offer the right input options (cursor control)... A more direct solution would be best, but I don't ever expect it to happen, especially not for an Android/IOS tablet.

I have a multiple monitor setup so it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me, but there's also the issue that you wouldn't be able to output the touch screen's video to a non-existent second display, at least under Windows. To enable dual view, multiple displays must be detected, even if the second is then powered off. If there's a workaround, I've not seen it, but maybe a virtual display adapter could trick Windows so that extended desktop could be enabled.

A future version of Windows running on both a PC and an x86 tablet with true session-sharing with the tablet locked on a second virtualized desktop (which the emulator's touch screen outputs to) seems like the ideal low-latency indirect solution.

I can dream...

Steam Link..... Many Possibilities. :)

From reading the WiiU Homebrew Threads/Tutorials - Mario Party 10 and Splatoon come with 5.3.2 on disc. Anyone higher likely upgraded for DLC, updates, or online play.

On a note topic relevant however, here's to hoping the Refurb Wii U I get from Ninty today is 5.3.2 :D

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steam Link..... Many Possibilities. :)

From reading the WiiU Homebrew Threads/Tutorials - Mario Party 10 and Splatoon come with 5.3.2 on disc. Anyone higher likely upgraded for DLC, updates, or online play.

On a note topic relevant however, here's to hoping the Refurb Wii U I get from Ninty today is 5.3.2 :D
Doesn't splatoon come with 5.4? That's originally what people were using as their argument for updating.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't splatoon come with 5.4? That's originally what people were using as their argument for updating.

I'm not sure to be honest, I'm just going off what I read on the Tut's here on the forum. If it does that's a bummer since I want to try that game out!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remeber when MN1 say its possible create Backup Loader with Kernel Exploit (without IOSU) but would give a lot more work.
I dont know if @golden45 already have acess IOSU or just doing through Kernel Exploit.
He's using the kernel exploit to reload from the browser to RPX code

Reactions: Margen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, lol