• Likes 132

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
How many games do you have in your card

I have about 145gb

Maybe this is the reason for this delay/freeze ?
Filled to the brim. Have about 1gb free.

Have you wiped the card, formatted it with 64kb sectors and rewrote all the data back on it?

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Filled to the brim. Have about 1gb free.

Have you wiped the card, formatted it with 64kb sectors and rewrote all the data back on it?

Actually, may first try was with 64k, and I noticed it's slower than my previous card, so I wiped the card but this time with 32k and it's still laggy/freeze as I said previously

thevoiceover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I too am an engineer (EE) and can say that the engineers information is way more correct than all the other crap being said around here.

So please, have a little faith. I always loved my line of work as I went to school for years to become something I always loved and then get told constantly by script kitties of how to do things.

Please, just either research yourself before you try to throw out "facts" or trust the person with more obvious knowledge on the subject as it's not about who is smarter but who knows more in this field.

Now back to nightly builds, what are you guys running now with most stability. I ran a build from about a week ago and it crashed a bunch, anyone seeing this?

Zerreth

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why do you buy Transcend / PNY ? Those cards are shown to be quite crappy. Samsung, Sandisk & Kingston are reliable & fast. (As they actually fabricate the nand inside) I bought a Kingston SDA3 256GB as it was priced attractively.

The games that are shown to have loading issues (SM3DW) still load levels in 15-20 seconds (70 second initial boot). Yes it is still slow, but nowhere near the 20 minute loading times some claim. Hopefully this will be resolved rather quickly. I can't imagine SDcard read being slower than disk read speed. (at least for it to explain the loading issues)

For me, all games I've tested worked. Some have long initial load times and work fine after that. Fast Racing Neo is the only one that I've tested where loading the Grand Pix Level took too long for me to sit through. (5m+)

Again, probably a loadiine issue.

Last edited by Zerreth,

Kit Ballard

Compress the Magic, focus my thoughts...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 32GB Micro-SD runs MP10 fine. I've noticed that turning off Mii-verse durring loading fixed some delays I was having (mainly due to how I connect to the internet anyways)

Now back to nightly builds, what are you guys running now with most stability. I ran a build from about a week ago and it crashed a bunch, anyone seeing this?
For my little 4GB card, I run build 0703597, as it has Minecraft on that card and the only build to last support it. My 32 runs the second newest, 1c4b32c, fine for ZombiU & MP10. I can't leave in my Ps4 remote though on that build so I just left it unplugged.

Last edited by Kit Ballard,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If your file allocation table gets corrupted from multiple erasing and writing to the SD Card (it's not a problem because of fragmentation), it's best to format and recopy files to an SD Card, instead of repeated unnecessary writes caused by a defragmenting program. That is if you want to prolong the life of said SD Card. That is all that needs to be said, since I obviously don't know what I am talking about ...

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
If your file allocation table gets corrupted from multiple erasing and writing to the SD Card (it's not a problem because of fragmentation), it's best to format and recopy files to an SD Card, instead of repeated unnecessary writes caused by a defragmenting program. That is if you want to prolong the life of said SD Card. That is all that needs to be said, since I obviously don't know what I am talking about ...
Nothing to do with the fat. Your fat can be perfectly fine and you can still have fragmentation.

But back to my main point. YES, defragging an SD card puts a TON of un-needed wear on it. So its best to just wipe it and redo everything. My Bayonetta went from a stuttering mess to perfect after doing that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On another notes, is there a place to find the changelogs for the nightly builds at all? Just wondering what is being updated on them.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So reformatting a SD card would help performance? I would do that but the SD card I'm using for my Wii U is also the one I use for my 3DS, and I'm scared of wiping off emuNAND if I erase everything on it.

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
So reformatting a SD card would help performance? I would do that but the SD card I'm using for my Wii U is also the one I use for my 3DS, and I'm scared of wiping off emuNAND if I erase everything on it.
If you do a lot of reading and writing then yes it will help. Just get another SD card for the wiiU. They are so dirt cheap

Reactions: Shadow#1

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same shit over again why? Like people was using a hdd for ps3 external and wii seriously quit being a cheap ass pirate and buy proper hardware for each device

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit faster = over 900% faster. Also I have had over 80 HDD's fail on me which is normal because HDD's DO indeed have a lifespan. SSD's are almost triple that due to non moving parts. My laptop and desktop are completely SSD based with USB external mechanical storage.

If you have never used an SSD before, you have absolutely no idea what you are missing. Especially when trying to be a 3d animator (maya LOVES ssds) :)

I cannot agree more. Switching to a SSD is one of the best choices you will ever make. Using a Samsung Evo 3d 500gb right now in my laptop. Blazing fast speeds.

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey,

Kit Ballard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On another notes, is there a place to find the changelogs for the nightly builds at all? Just wondering what is being updated on them
not particularly, but from a post a bit back, if you read the commit closely, you may pick out what was changed. Like the most recent, it seems it'll read the ID6 from the meta file.

Maybe start a "Feature request" ticket on github.

Moritz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
question: why do we need the [titleid] tag?
cant you just list all the games inside the games folder without [titleid] info with a ? cover?
Or the [titleid] is used for something else than the cover?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've been running all the nightlies since May/06 and haven't had a single crash, yet.

On another notes, is there a place to find the changelogs for the nightly builds at all? Just wondering what is being updated on them.
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/commits/master

Kaiser Giygas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, is anyone here experiencing problem with saving on bayo eur on eur consoles?

EDIT: Well, it looks like if you press the home button while playing Bayo it will not save/load anymore from that moment on.

Last edited by Kaiser Giygas,

zongalito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i have a question
the bigger the cluster size, the quickier loadiine will launch games? or from 64 and beyond there is no difference?
and also, Wii Party U eur on a USA console, and Minecraft on a nnid linked profile and loaded via smashbros method, both gives me the same error That goes like this
"The SD Card was extracted" or something like that, how can i fix that?
and, Star Fox Zero after the first play, the game doesn't load anymore.

Kit Ballard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question
the bigger the cluster size, the quickier loadiine will launch games? or from 64 and beyond there is no difference?
and also, Wii Party U eur on a USA console, and Minecraft on a nnid linked profile and loaded via smashbros method, both gives me the same error That goes like this
"The SD Card was extracted" or something like that, how can i fix that?
and, Star Fox Zero after the first play, the game doesn't load anymore.
For Minecraft, try build 0703597. I've been noticing the same issue with the newer builds and opened a ticket on github. Maybe add your 2 cents in it if the nightly I shared fixes the issue

zongalito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
For Minecraft, try build 0703597. I've been noticing the same issue with the newer builds and opened a ticket on github. Maybe add your 2 cents in it if the nightly I shared fixes the issue
ok i will try it, and now for the wii party u eur version, i forgot to change some files from eur to usa
and again
a bigger cluster size means a quickier load of games on loadiine?

R3x10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have an issue with bayonetta 2, its starts but when i try to select a load file its says charging but it didnt chargue anything, just not pass from load file screen.

Any ideas?

Enviado desde mi XT1563 mediante Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh