• Start date
  • Views 2,487,298
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

grujicic

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys. First, thank you for all your hard and great work !

I've spent some time on fine tuning and ironing loadiine UI elements. Hope you like how it look and feel at this point.
PSD link is attached too, but this is still work in progress phase and some elements are still missing. Updates in next few days, cheers

psd download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnoep2q7l73k43m/loadiine_ui_skin_v0.7.psd?dl=0

zMOhPVN.png

Last edited by grujicic,

GameFreakDude

More gorgeous than any Hollywood star!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hm, I'm having an issue that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. I dumped Kirby 64 with ddd, and put it on my SD card for use with Loadiine GX2. The game appears in the GUI, but it doesn't load (properly?); I get a web browser inside of Mii Maker instead. I've tried a few things, including putting the XML files from the compatibility list page inside the game's code folder, but no dice. Would anyone know what's going on? I can post more details if necessary.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like everything else: We have to wait till someone exploits the IOSU and starts pumping out cIOSUs, much like the Wii.

Will there ever be a homebrew launcher app on the wii u menu?

Honestly there will be HBL on Wii U menu soon™ thanks to weblinks (NWF: nintendo web framework) maybe evem HTML5/clever redirection/injection, caching the browser somehow, or some other out of the blue method, I'm sure of it.

I honestly don't think IOSU is the be all and end all here, its the easy way out, but there are lots of things kernel can do above what we know/have access to right now.

Reactions: Supster131

Kit Ballard

Compress the Magic, focus my thoughts...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly there will be HBL on Wii U menu soon™ thanks to weblinks (NWF: nintendo web framework) maybe evem HTML5/clever redirection/injection, caching the browser somehow, or some other out of the blue method, I'm sure of it.

I honestly don't think IOSU is the be all and end all here, its the easy way out, but there are lots of things kernel can do above what we know/have access to right now.
Cool beans. Thanks for sharing =3

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like everything else: We have to wait till someone exploits the IOSU and starts pumping out cIOSUs, much like the Wii.
*cIOSU, there's only one on the Wii U. I know that's kind of confusing due to the Wii having a bunch of IOSs, but the Wii U has an operating system that handels everything in the background, while the Wii ran on bare metal

Kit Ballard

Compress the Magic, focus my thoughts...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*cIOSU, there's only one on the Wii U. I know that's kind of confusing due to the Wii having a bunch of IOSs, but the Wii U has an operating system that handels everything in the background, while the Wii ran on bare metal
Oh, I know it's just one. Doesn't mean there's going to be different builds by different people, why I used a plural. XD

GameFreakDude

More gorgeous than any Hollywood star!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dumped Kirby 64 with ddd, and put it on my SD card for use with Loadiine GX2. The game appears in the GUI, but it doesn't load (properly?); I get a web browser inside of Mii Maker instead.
I had more time to mess around with this, and it turns out the dump was somehow bad. I'm not sure if I did anything differently the second time; maybe I accidentally opened the web browser while the titledumper was still listening the first time? Anyway, if the code folder for a dump looks like this, you should probably re-dump it.

[Edit] Just so you're aware, Hid-to-VPAD's Gamecube controller functionality doesn't work very well with Super Smash Bros. (at least when injected into Kirby 64). Notably, full right / up on the analogue stick register as full left / down respectively, and the Z button being hardcoded as a button modifier is not desirable in this case.

Last edited by GameFreakDude,

sonymicronin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had more time to mess around with this, and it turns out the dump was somehow bad. I'm not sure if I did anything differently the second time; maybe I accidentally opened the web browser while the titledumper was still listening the first time? Anyway, if the code folder for a dump looks like this, you should probably re-dump it.

[Edit] Just so you're aware, Hid-to-VPAD's Gamecube controller functionality doesn't work very well with Super Smash Bros. (at least when injected into Kirby 64). Notably, full right / up on the analogue stick register as full left / down respectively, and the Z button being hardcoded as a button modifier is not desirable in this case.

there's a fix for the stick thing with vc64 games here https://gbatemp.net/threads/gc-to-v...e-gamecube-adapter.398074/page-4#post-6216627

Reactions: GameFreakDude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Elite Beat Agents
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hell yeah
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
    Jayro @ Jayro: I'm Slenderman.