Live In the UK? Win a Wii!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by cruddybuddy, May 8, 2008.

May 8, 2008
  1. cruddybuddy
    OP

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

United States
    My wife and I want to move to the UK. I have a BA in Single Subject English and she has a BA in community service. We both want to work and live in the UK.

If anyone has a friend or a relative who can help us move to the UK, and by help I mean give us direct assistance which results in our ability to move and work in the UK, then I will give you my modded Wii and all accesories, which includes 4 nunchuks and remotes.

Now I realized this sounds like a joke, but I'm being very serious. Do I expect this to work? No, but I'm getting a little frustrated and discouraged with the whole process, so I thought I'd give this a go.

So yes, is anyone here related to someone that can help us get there? I can provide more information upon request.

C'MON EVERYONE! WIN A WII!

2. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Why would you want to move from sunny California to muddy England?

Oh, it's Cruddy Buddy. Nevermind. It doesn't need to make sense! [​IMG]

3. nintendolinky

Member nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Just some general questions:
    1. Why do you want to move to the UK.
    2. Which country in the UK are you wanting to move too.
    3. What job are you looking at getting in the UK.

4. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

I'd help you if I lived in the UK. And I would not accept your Wii - I'd do it because I like to meet members of the community [​IMG]
    Sorry, I know this is not helping. I wish you the best. Where in the UK are you planning to live?

5. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    A very brave decision to move to UK. I mean our government are.... Your avatar would describe our government.

Where in UK do you want to move to?

6. cruddybuddy
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the nice word Costello, and everyone else too.

Honestly, we just want to get over there and experience life in the UK. My wife is partial to Northern Ireland and Scotland but I just want to be in the UK. We don't qualify for the HSMP and I don't qualify as a teacher because I don't have a credential. So at this point, we'll take any path we can to land employment.

I actually like the rain (I grew up in Washington which rains only slightly more than over there) but my wife will miss the sun. I could see myself living somewhere in the UK permanently, but only time will tell.

And Costello, when we get to the UK, I'll take a day trip to France and buy you a grog of your choice (anything under £10). And I'm serious too, just like I am about the Wii. Heck, we're going to sell everything to move there anyway, including our furniture and cars, so I might as well give away the Wii.

7. nintendolinky

Member nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    when are you moving, england is probably the best place at the moment to live in what with the economy etc. I live in London and its great i hope you all the best, and again move to london its ace

8. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    I live in Scotland! [​IMG] Hmm, employment here are bit difficult (I've got hearing impairment so I'm struggling to get a full time employment so I can quit college.)

I leak knowledge on this topic but I'm sure a good search on Google should help you more. I really miss the sun!!! We're in sunny weather for now. Knowing British weather - it'll last for couple of weeks then rain for the rest of the year [​IMG]

All I can say is best of the luck!

What make you pick UK out of the world? Just curious.

9. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    It might be great, if you dont mind living in the dirtiest unfriendliest and most expensive city in the UK.

10. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I would say take a long holiday over to the uk first and check it out before you make plans. I have been to usa and I must say its a very diffrent place [​IMG] Theres quite a few bad points about the uk but I dont want to comment and put you off just from my experience. Well as i said maybe take a holiday first and try to get a feel what it would be like to stay over here as you dont want to regret it in the end :"

11. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Lose your passports and papers , then make out you're from eastern Europe or the middle east and claim asylum , you'll get a free house as well , or pretend you're polish , that will also get you in.

12. squirt1000

Banned squirt1000 Would rather have a cup of Tea!

United Kingdom
    Lol@ the polish comment!

They seem to be everywhere over here at the moment!!

On a more serious note though, I wouldnt pick the UK to live in. Im happy down in Devon but id rather be somewhere a bit warmer [​IMG]

13. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    To be honest, some are moving away now.

14. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    I feel we are filling with them. I mean, overfilling. It's annoying. I used to don't mind about them but now... Now they are taking over jobs, houses and all that. It's annoying. I've got nothing against them but wish they would think of us before moving here. I don't mind if they face death every single day and move here to be safe but... if they are unhappy with their country. I mean.. Piss off!!

They should apply in right way to move to another country they want to live.

Sorry for the rant.

15. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom

Easier said than done when you dont know what some people have been through. Lets take a little look at spain where british people are taking over and making the place a holiday camp and basically claiming it as thiers. I went to spain and didn't see one spanish person so now lets reflect on our own nations whos doing far worse than what the polish community is,Lets not go off topic guys.

16. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    I feel they are letting people doing that... Like UK.

17. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    uh just to help you out not for a wii......
    but applying for a visa at the moment for the UK if your not from europe and don't quality for hsmp is not easy. you'd be able to get a working holiday visa, which will give you 2 years stay, with 1 year working allowance, and no access to public funds.
    matt managed to get clearance to stay for 5 years after his working holiday visa by applying for a work permit sponsored by his employment... even then we had to get backing from a member of parliament!! but yeah that seems like the only way to do it.
    alternatively, could try become a student over here. or getting citizenship in a eu country, then coming over from there.

18. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    trying to think how else we could....
    as far as working goes.... only contacts we have our.... security industry stewarding. royal mail post man work and nightclub industry. dont think you'd be interested in any of those.

wouldnt recommend london though, high prices and hard to find work.

19. cruddybuddy
    OP

United States
    Wow thanks for all of the general information everyone. It looks like I might get to keep my Wii after all, but then again, I posted this just as everyone in the UK was going to sleep, so maybe things will change in another 5 hours.

20. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Sounds like Mexico and US.