Live In or Near the London Area?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I didn't say "Not in here". I did go to the internet cafe though. Just looked around and left.

Or maybe I did say it. Lol. Can't remember.

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was supposed to be in paris tomorrow, but plans have changed due to a scheduling conflict, so I'll be in dover instead (playing guitar with eric johnson
smile.gif
I've got another meet planned with members from the other forum (dates were confused which is why no one showed up on the first date), so the draw will take place late saturday.

so far there were only 7 gbatemp.net members that located me, so along with that number from the other forum that I meet up with on friday/saturday, that will be the total number of people in the drawing.

the following are the gbatemp.net members who will be in the drawing:
chrono_tata
versin
agent m
laintsurge
leonhart
bumface
keron10

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Aww I totally missed this! I'm not bothered about prizes, it just would've been awesome to hang out in London again for a little bit and meet another legend
smile.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Looking back at his post, he said earlier he was going to go to Paris after London. Perhaps he's touring Europe for the whole month or something so he doesn't have time to come online.

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
considering that such a small number of forum members actually took the time to try and find me, I decided to change the rules on awarding the DS Lite (after all, it seemed way too easy to just pick a random person from the 7 individuals).

and unfortunately, no one passed the test.

as many may have noticed, I had not logged in to gbatemp.net since my trip until now. what I was hoping (considering the few responses that we were posted to this thread after my departure from england back home) was that one of those members would make some sort of attempt of locating and contacting me (either via email or pm) from one of the other forums that I frequent under the same user name, but no one did.

with that said, I will remain possession of the DS Lite and hold it for another contest in the future. thanks to the 7 people who did make the trip to the TROC and I those of you that received a gift, enjoy them.

Laintsurge

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well that's a bit of a cop out ...
It's your DS and you can do what you like with it, but still. If I said I was going to do a draw and made people to go out their way, I would do the draw.
In competitions, rules don't change midway. And if they had to (under serious circumstances), it would be made clear.
Why would anyone try and contact you on another forum? Why would anyone anticipate that you'd change the rules secretly, create some test and not log into Gbatemp.net specifically for some bizarre reason?

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you may consider it a cop out (you have every right), however I look at it this way, I've donated over $500 of prizes to previous GBAtemp.net contests without asking for anything in return.

plain and simple, the turn out was pretty poor so I chose to keep it for now. as I stated before, it will be offered up in a future contest (and I'll probably toss in an additional entry for those people who I did meet during my holiday).

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I don't know about you, but doing things like trying to locate someone across the internet by looking up the websites they go to feels dangerously close to net-stalking. It's slightly creepy, to be honest.
tongue.gif
It's not one of those things I do or encourage my peeps to do.

I see where you're coming from though. 7 people is a pretty poor turnout for a competition. Thanks a lot anyway.
smile.gif

keron10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To think I searched thieves like us in google to end up finding books and some band that had nothing to do with you =/. Was expecting to find a website cause a freind told me you hosted tournaments or something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: