Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Would I be able to install sky3ds onto my gateway flash card for firmware 9.4 and play a single 3ds rom? I would not be able to change the rom due to the button not being on gateway but would it work somehow? Hope I dont sound dumb... just really want to play 3ds roms. Thanks in advance!:yaynds:
Impossible. They are two different carts. Different innards, and different everything.

I mean, to start, how will you even select your rom? GW doesn't have a button on their cart.

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Question regarding this question:

Q) Should I update to the latest version now?
A:
-If you are below version 4.x, then update to version 4.x,
-If you are at version 4.5-version 9.2, then stay there as you already can use this exploit.
- If you are at 9.3++, you can only pray hard for now since the exploit is probably already blocked at that version. :(

I have a very old 3DS with 2.X firmware..
why can't I just go straight to FW 9.2.0 instead 4.x?

gregory2590

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I boot up GW mode as normal, and I try to launch Monster Hunter 4(USA) , and once it goes to the usual black screen before a game starts up, it tells me that the game card was removed, when it wasn't. I tried readjusting the SD card and the card itself to see if they were the problem, but nothing's out of the ordinary. Any help?

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
few questions which may seem (or probably are) noobish

can a gateway, once set up with emu nand, only be used on 1 system? i.e
- i have a gateway, used a lot on a sys4.5 and has emu9.2. can i use this gateway on a (sys8.1) without any conflicts or anything?

also, you know how with streetpass, you can play 2 games, the dungeon one, and puzzles, but there are 4 other games you can get on eshop, have they been dumped anywhere? is it possible?

thanks

Reactions: jrr6415sun

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it matter if a EUR game creates EUR game data, but if I want to use the US version later of the same game which creates US game data? How do I delete game data of a EUR game?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why can't I just go straight to FW 9.2.0 instead 4.x?

No game is known to have 9.2, except allegedly the most recent production run of SSB4

Would it matter if a EUR game creates EUR game data, but if I want to use the US version later of the same game which creates US game data? How do I delete game data of a EUR game?

They probably have different title IDs anyway; assuming they don't show up in system settings, you'll have to translate hex to characters to find the correct folder in the SD...

what firmware does the majora's mask 3ds make you update to if I use the physical card?

Reactions: Erol

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
few questions which may seem (or probably are) noobish

can a gateway, once set up with emu nand, only be used on 1 system? i.e
- i have a gateway, used a lot on a sys4.5 and has emu9.2. can i use this gateway on a (sys8.1) without any conflicts or anything?

also, you know how with streetpass, you can play 2 games, the dungeon one, and puzzles, but there are 4 other games you can get on eshop, have they been dumped anywhere? is it possible?

thanks
You can use the gateway card on as many systems as you can afford.

I know nothing about streetpass.

[email protected]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two main questions: What firmware is the new 3ds released on?, and, I have a 3ds on 9.4, I cannot use gateway. Honestly, should I straight up get a sky3ds card (I have around 40$ saved towards it, may get the QQ3ds clone because it comes with ds games) or simply wait for Gateway support fot 9.4 ( I bought a gateway)??

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am planning on buying a gateway card soon. I currently have my console on 4.4-10 U and I would prefer using the ds profile exploit to the browser one. I've heard updating the gw to 3.4 blocks the blue cart. Is this true? Is there a way to keep the blue cart working? I have a huge backlog of ds games that I'd like to play and I can't do without that.
Also, is the gw blue cart ds compatibility as good as the r4i gray cart?

MrEdgeworth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two main questions: What firmware is the new 3ds released on?, and, I have a 3ds on 9.4, I cannot use gateway. Honestly, should I straight up get a sky3ds card (I have around 40$ saved towards it, may get the QQ3ds clone because it comes with ds games) or simply wait for Gateway support fot 9.4 ( I bought a gateway)??

I'd like an answer to these questions as well.

Akron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the new 3.04 beta has been released, I've been wondering if it works on new 3ds. I've seen videos saying it does, sites claiming it doesn't, and so I just need some clarification.
Also, does ripping your own roms from a cartridge mean that it has wifi compatibility? I heard somewhere that gateway supports local wireless but I'm not sure about online interaction.

tnt118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About a week ago I read a guide to setting up Gateway that I cannot find again. I remember it even had links to the best SD/mSD cards on Amazon. Does anyone happen to know what I'm talking about and have a link? I spent most of yesterday searching and couldn't find it again.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a sky or sell your unit and buy another one.

The N3DS has several different firmwares. Check the thread with the list.

Since the new 3.04 beta has been released, I've been wondering if it works on new 3ds. I've seen videos saying it does, sites claiming it doesn't, and so I just need some clarification.
Also, does ripping your own roms from a cartridge mean that it has wifi compatibility? I heard somewhere that gateway supports local wireless but I'm not sure about online interaction.
GW does not current work on the N3DS.
If the game supports online the dumped game will support it as well.

About a week ago I read a guide to setting up Gateway that I cannot find again. I remember it even had links to the best SD/mSD cards on Amazon. Does anyone happen to know what I'm talking about and have a link? I spent most of yesterday searching and couldn't find it again.
You do not need the best cards available on Amazon. A name brand like Sandisk or Samsung class 10 will work just fine.

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
I am planning on buying a gateway card soon. I currently have my console on 4.4-10 U and I would prefer using the ds profile exploit to the browser one.

Anyone answer to the question above? I want to use the ds profile exploit to enter GW mode rather than the browser one.

Nvm found the answer in the 3.0 beta faq thread.

Can I use the 3.0.1 BETA launcher with my 4.5 3DS?
Yes you can, and you will still be able to use the DS Profile exploit to access the Gateway features.

keubibo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Can i update my 3DS's emunand to 9.5 now ? shall my 3DS be baned or not ? (i'm using GW emunand 9.0, sysnand 4.5, never play online, i got 2gb SD (emu9.0) now i want to upgrade it to 8gb and up emunand to 9.5 to play SSB) - ask for my friend :lol:
2. What's Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate's filmware required ?

Thank you so much !!! B-)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Can i update my 3DS's emunand to 9.5 now ? shall my 3DS be baned or not ? (i'm using GW emunand 9.0, sysnand 4.5, never play online, i got 2gb SD (emu9.0) now i want to upgrade it to 8gb and up emunand to 9.5 to play SSB) - ask for my friend :lol:
2. What's Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate's filmware required ?

Thank you so much !!! B-)
1. Yes you can if you update your launcher. I have no idea if you will get banned, but it will not be for updating. You should check the banned thread for the latest info on that subject.
2. 3Ds.essh.co says MH4U usa release requires 8.0, ssb is 8.1 I believe.

You are welcome!

Reactions: cvskid and keubibo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1