Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

volkanceren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone this is my first post here inbgbatemp. :hrth:

Today I ordered new dragon quest builders to update my 3.0.1 fw to 4.1.0. It came with 000 cartridge and booted the game without update.
One thing that I didn't understand well is on the list we have here DQB is written under fw 4.1.0. For my understanding it was for the 000 cartridges. Am I wrong?

Last edited by volkanceren,

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone this is my first post here inbgbatemp. :hrth:

Today I ordered new dragon quest builders to update my 3.0.1 fw to 4.1.0. It came with 000 cartridge and booted the game without update.
One thing that I didn't understand well is on the list we have here DQB is written under fw 4.1.0. For my understanding it was for the 000 cartridges. Am I wrong?

Not really. 000 cartridges are the first of their print. Most games that have 000 have the minimal firmware on the cartridge that is needed to play the game. However, when in case of a higher game this makes no sense anymore... so it is better to keep looking at this list.

But do I understand that there is an error? DQB runs on 3.0.1?

volkanceren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not really. 000 cartridges are the first of their print. Most games that have 000 have the minimal firmware on the cartridge that is needed to play the game. However, when in case of a higher game this makes no sense anymore... so it is better to keep looking at this list.

But do I understand that there is an error? DQB runs on 3.0.1?

Yes indeed I have fw 3.0.1 Switch and Dragon Quest Builders 000 cartridge runs without update requirement.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I changed the list! Thanx for your contribution :)
Thanks for the list.

Overcooked is actually a 3.0.1 game. Just Tested it now on my 3.0.1 switch
Not sure how to DM you, but I have a link for quite a comprehensive list,which im not sure if im allowed to post here or not

Thanks again

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the list.

Overcooked is actually a 3.0.1 game. Just Tested it now on my 3.0.1 switch
Not sure how to DM you, but I have a link for quite a comprehensive list,which im not sure if im allowed to post here or not

Thanks again

I think I know what site you mean... thanks for reporting. I changed Overcooked.

spindizzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just bought Super Mario Odyssey on a 002 cartridge and it contained and required 4.1 firmware (my switch was on 4.0.1 before).

Last edited by spindizzy,

Amingo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Say i'm on FW 3.0.0 and wanna play Mario Odyssey. The list says the game requires 3.0.1 and i suppose that FW-update is included on the cartridge. However the list also states that the Day1 Patch needs 4.0.0. Is this patch required to play and if so what would be the best way to get onto FW 4.0.0? Does that mean that i have to buy another cartridge that explicitly comes with the 4.0.0 update? Or would Nintendo push the latest FW onto my system anyway as soon as i try to download the Day1 patch?

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Say i'm on FW 3.0.0 and wanna play Mario Odyssey. The list says the game requires 3.0.1 and i suppose that FW-update is included on the cartridge. However the list also states that the Day1 Patch needs 4.0.0. Is this patch required to play and if so what would be the best way to get onto FW 4.0.0? Does that mean that i have to buy another cartridge that explicitly comes with the 4.0.0 update? Or would Nintendo push the latest FW onto my system anyway as soon as i try to download the Day1 patch?

No it is not required to play. However not all functions do work.

Reactions: Amingo
D

Deleted User

Wouldn't the required firmware probably be based on what was the latest when the game went gold? This could conceivably be prior to the latest update couldn't it?
Yes, it all depends on when the game got complet and entered mass production.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's confirmed that Octopath Traveller is a 5.0 game from the leaked release today.

Proof (look for master key revision):
unknown.png

Last edited by lukhart,

baldman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Moto GP 18 requires firmware over 5.x.x because my .XCI backup doesn't work on my 4.1.0 SX OS.

You also can check it on NSWDB.com

Regards

Last edited by baldman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s