Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

bubulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just bought TLOZBOTW yesterday for my childrens...the cartridge is 001; the version on it is 1.3.1 (released 8-8-17 on NUS), the game don't ask me to update. (my swith is already in FW 3.02 due to the SMO initial required update on cartridge).

Last edited by bubulle,
Reactions: BvanBart

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just bought TLOZBOTW yesterday for my childrens...the cartridge is 001; the version on it is 1.3.1 (released 8-8-17 on NUS), the game don't ask me to update. (my swith is already in FW 3.02 due to the SMO initial required update on cartdridge).
That's correct, BotW rev 001 requires 3.0.1

Y0sh1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I figured this might help some people get the right Zelda without opening the box
1mkqGZS.jpg

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont know why the number is different, but I have to state that this is NOT a safe indicator!
All my friends own a copy of Breath of the Wild from the launch month and still share the same T1 as my 001 revision BotW boxing.
Non the less this is an interesting find. There is close to zero input on this problem from most board members.
With more information about this we might be able to determin that this T2 might really state its a 100% 3.0.1+ guarantee, but a T1 box is sadly NOT a rev 000 guarantee!

Reactions: Mackwa and Rauliki

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard that it's possible to get the update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe by playing local multiplayer.
That means my vanilla game would detect, that my mate has a newer version of the game and asks me to download it.
But even if that is true, I would most likely get the newest update from him (1.4) which implements the video recording feature of the new firmware so I won't be able to start the game on my 3.0.0 Switch, right?

b_dasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do the newer copies of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe come with the game updates on the cartridge or do you still have to download them?

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard that it's possible to get the update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe by playing local multiplayer.
I heard this about the tabletop mode, but I can't remember the specifics.
This is in fact quite scary. It would be nice to know whether you could remove the game update by removing the SD-Card or wiping the game from the SD or internal memory.
If this is not possible you would brick the game on your console.
But I don't think it would force an system update even if it were to download it from your friends console.

It't to be seen whether you are even able to play with him without updating the game. I guess Nintendo enforces at least a 4.0.0 console with the newest update.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard this about the tabletop mode, but I can't remember the specifics.
This is in fact quite scary. It would be nice to know whether you could remove the game update by removing the SD-Card or wiping the game from the SD or internal memory.
If this is not possible you would brick the game on your console.
But I don't think it would force an system update even if it were to download it from your friends console.

It't to be seen whether you are even able to play with him without updating the game. I guess Nintendo enforces at least a 4.0.0 console with the newest update.
No it won't do a system update lol. My concern is that I can't launch the game any longer on 3.0.0 when it's updated to implement features (like video recording) which have been introduced by 4.x firmwares.

However I'm pretty sure I could just delete the update via system settings whenever I want but my savegame would be gone. That's what I fear at least.

CSpiritsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi. I don't know if this helps. I took a plunge for xenoblade, so it updated from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2, not 3.0.1 as stated.
Box says

HAC P ADENB MSE TRA-HAC-ADENB-MSE

Cart front says
LA-H-ADENB-USA

Cart back says

HAC-008
ADENB22A000

But firmware force upgrades to 3.0.2 not 3.0.1

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I don't know if this helps. I took a plunge for xenoblade, so it updated from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2, not 3.0.1 as stated.
Box says

HAC P ADENB MSE TRA-HAC-ADENB-MSE

Cart front says
LA-H-ADENB-USA

Cart back says

HAC-008
ADENB22A000

But firmware force upgrades to 3.0.2 not 3.0.1
Thanks for the info
I think the list should be updated

Last edited by PolloDiablo,

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question. It says that Super Mario Odyssey requires 3.0.1 to play, but Day 1 patch requires 4.0.0.

Does that only matter if I download the patch? And doesn't matter if my Switch is on 3.0.1 and has never been connected to the internet?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question. It says that Super Mario Odyssey requires 3.0.1 to play, but Day 1 patch requires 4.0.0.

Does that only matter if I download the patch? And doesn't matter if my Switch is on 3.0.1 and has never been connected to the internet?
Exactly. By putting in the cartridge without being connected to the internet you will receive the 3.0.1 update.

Player-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is super mario odyssey played from the game card fully playable from beginning to end without the day 1 patch? will there be any game braking bugs, graphical glitches or noticeable frame drops without it?

bubulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Exactly. By putting in the cartridge without being connected to the internet you will receive the 3.0.1 update.

Which version you have on your cartridge ? because when i inserted mine (v 1.1.0) to play on my 3.01 fw switch, it asked me to update to 3.02? (no internet parameters of course)

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which version you have on your cartridge ? because when i inserted mine (v 1.1.0) to play on my 3.01 fw switch, it asked me to update to 3.02? (no internet parameters of course)
Check the revision on the cartridge with the thread in my signature. You will see whether it needs a newer FW.
If it's not listed make a post please

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BotW with rev 001 requires 3.0.1 to be played. It might contain 3.0.2 as an update tho.
How do you know its 3.0.2? Did you update? If so did you clear the update cache beforehand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: