OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
icon.jpg

Linkalho
Linkalho is an homebrew app that will link NNID accounts offline. It links (or unlinks) existing accounts so you won't lose your saves. This app does not create a new account. If you create a new account and want to link it, just re-run the app. This app works for all firmwares up to 15.0.0

Why do I need this app?
If you never had issues with games/apps failing to launch until you link your Switch user account and you never experienced issues with certain titles stuck in Updating game data or certain official emulators presenting you with nothing else but a black screen instead of the game selection, then you don't need to use this homebrew.

Do you like this app and find it useful? You can buy me a coffee clicking the link below. Thanks!

Frequently Asked Questions:
  • Why can't I navigate the app via touchscreen or using the thumbs ticks?
    • This is a very simple and straightforward app that most users will only use once or twice. Unless Borealis developers implement this natively, there are no plans for me to extend their feature set.
  • Can I go online with a fake/generated linked account?
    • No! You have a hacked switch. Online is always a risk.
  • Can this app do "place whatever question here"?
    • You can start by reading the previous section. This app will allow you to link/unlink a fake/generated NNID to your user accounts without the need for an internet connection, and that's it. If you still fail to understand what this is and its purpose, it's highly likely that you simply don't need this app. Worry not: if you ever need it, you'll know it.
Installation:
  • Place the .nro file in the /switch/linkalho folder of your SDcard.
  • Go to the homebrew app and run Linkalho

Reboot to payload
After completing the selected operation, Linkalho will reboot to an existing payload if:
  • the console hardware is Erista and the user places a payload file in the application's root (/switch/linkalho/reboot.bin)
Reboot to payload is not supported on Mariko hardware!

Usage:
Link selected accounts
  • Will link all selected accounts from the ones present on the console. If any of the existing accounts is already linked, it will be re-linked (regardless of the NNIDs being officially linked or not). This operation creates a backup in /switch/linkalho/backups
Unlink selected accounts
  • Will remove NNID linking from any of the selected accounts on the console regardless of the NNIDs being officially linked or not. This operation creates a backup in /switch/linkalho/backups
Restore backup
  • Restores any previous state from a backup file. The file must be placed in /switch/linkalho/restore/restore.zip. If not present, the UI will notify the user. This operation creates a backup in /switch/linkalho/backups
Backup accounts
  • Will create a backup in /switch/linkalho/backups. All linking and unlinking operations will produce a backup before making changes. You should only use this option if you want to manually create a backup!
Select country for linked accounts
  • Allows the user to customize the country that will be injected into the linked account. This has impact in some software by showing the appropriate flag (like in mk8).
Select accounts to link/unlink
  • Allows the user to pick which accounts are going to be linked/unlinked. It defaults to **_all_**. If no accounts are selected and the user tries to perform a link or unlink operation, the application will show an error.

Screenshots
screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot5.jpg

screenshot6.jpg

screenshot7.jpg

screenshot8.jpg

screenshot9.jpg

screenshot10.jpg

screenshot11.jpg

Github:
https://github.com/rdmrocha/linkalho/

Last edited by rrocha,

rrocha

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does it link existing accounts or create a new one instead of all existing?
Text description updated. It will link any existing accounts.

Sounds great, it doesn't do it naively like kefir updater did right? Game saves won't be lost?
Text description updated. You won't lose your game saves.

Last edited by rrocha,

_Mizuto_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I've created an account on nintendo's website, how do I do to link this account to my switch with this tool ?

rrocha

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@rrocha, did you tried rerun that system processes after linking? Maybe in that case reboot won't be necessary?

I tried to re-launch the services but I failed to do so. If another dev can point me in the right direction, I'll try to implement. But every attempt to relaunch 0x010000000000001E and 0x010000000000003E services rendered the consola unstable (crash afterwards) or simply ineffective.

If an experienced dev would like to jump in, please send me a PM or open a PR and I'll gladly merge it.

I've created an account on nintendo's website, how do I do to link this account to my switch with this tool ?

This tool is for 100% offline use. You create an account on your modded console, run the homebrew and it will generate the linked profile for all accounts on the console. Should

Last edited by rrocha,

_Mizuto_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
This tool is for 100% offline use. You create an account on your modded console, run the homebrew and it will generate the linked profile for all accounts on the console. Should

How do I create an account on a modded console, do I need to connect the console to internet ?

Last edited by _Mizuto_,

rrocha

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@rrocha, What call did you tried? I thought simple pmshellLaunchProgram should be enough. Main problem is how to determine correct launch_flags.

Did not work for me. Messed around with a couple of flags and tried to extract the info from the program_id while the process was still running and it was a waste of time. Documentation is very convoluted for that part of the libraries and I didn't go too deep into the source code to try to figure it out. Since a reboot will do the trick and given that at least Atmos and SXOS already reboot straight into their own payloads automatically for a while, I figured that a reboot was enough to get the job done.

Again, if any dev can clear this out and throw me a bone so I can understand how to fiddle with pmshell without a Switch devkit, I'm a fast learner and would love to have some insights.

Last edited by rrocha,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)