Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Liigality!

These are illegal:
a) All custom channels EXCEPT bbc.wad and one that only I have.
b) All themes EXCEPT ones for use with MyMenu.
c) All IOS WADs, including cIOS WADs.
d) All System Menu WADs.
e) Redistributing all Team Twiizers products, in WAD or regular form (HBC, DVDx, etc). This is because they contain notices that they can ONLY be gotten from them, not redistributed.
f) Redistributing all homebrew programs that the author has not allowed distribution of.
g) Any of the above patched in any way or form.

These are not illegal to share, not including the DCMA:
a) The common key, SD key, SD IV key, etc.
b) Patches to existing files, in search and replace format (MenuLoader/MenuPatcher/Starfall/Preloader Hacks/etc).
c) Applications that patch files that are illegal to distribute, though it IS illegal to distribute the patched files themselves.
d) All homebrew apps, libogc, devkitpro, etc, as long as the application's license allows it.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How are Team Twiizers products illegal, while homebrew apps made with libogc (which contains stolen code from the wii SDK) are legal?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard this BBC.wad mentioned before, were can i get a Copy of it, Wouldn't mind taking a look at it, I've searched for it but not much comes up on it.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
How are Team Twiizers products illegal, while homebrew apps made with libogc (which contains stolen code from the wii SDK) are legal?
because they don't let you distribute them, its part of their license.

@All: if its incorect, just tell me, and I will fix it. Its probably good to have a list for n00bs....

btw, the common key is too short to copyright, but the DMCA does have stuff against it

Posts merged

QUOTE(WiiBlaster @ May 1 2009, 04:25 AM) I've heard this BBC.wad mentioned before, were can i get a Copy of it, Wouldn't mind taking a look at it, I've searched for it but not much comes up on it.
its by comex, you can find it in the comments of some hackmii post...its [url=http://COMEXSDOMAIN.SOMETHING/bbc.wad]http://COMEXSDOMAIN.SOMETHING/bbc.wad[/url]

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I'm pretty sure the common key (et al) are illegal to distribute. Some people do distribute them, but it doesn't make it legal.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icefireicefire said:
Then you might want to make it clear in your first post that you're talking about distribution legality. Also stop flouting "the wad that only I have" - if you're the only person that has it there's no point bringing it up, is there?

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is stupiid. What are you trying to get at with this? The people who understand copyright law will find this useless, the morons who know nothing will simply ignore the thread.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
icefireicefire said:
Then you might want to make it clear in your first post that you're talking about distribution legality. Also stop flouting "the wad that only I have" - if you're the only person that has it there's no point bringing it up, is there?

Well, I'm going to release it asap, so we can have legal channels!!

Posts merged

QUOTE(9th_Sage @ May 1 2009, 04:51 AM)
Actually, I'm pretty sure the common key (et al) are illegal to distribute. Some people do distribute them, but it doesn't make it legal.
its too short, you cant copyright 16 characters.

it is illegal in USA though because of the DMCA

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, lots of retards nit-picking at spelling, commenting stuff like "fail" and people who seem to be completely missing the point of this thread. No wonder this place is called GBAFail.

I agree with ice on this, there is quite a bit of confusion on this topic.

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ice: So this "legality" stuff is about "international" copyright laws (if there is such a thing)?

There is no such thing as international law only whether your country recognizes those laws.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icefireicefire said:
Liigality!

These are illegal:
e) All Team Twiizers products

Im sorry, but this is phrased extreemly badly and needs to be corrected.
Team Twiizers products are not illegal in any way, or at least any of the files they release arent illegal.

Uploading their files so that others can download their files from a server that they dont control is illegal as its a violation of their copyright, but the files are not illegal.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey djtaz! Yeah, all fix that
tongue.gif

btw, wadder.net is kinda slow tonight...any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay