1. 309181732

OP 309181732 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, I have a DS lite and a few months ago I cleaned it with this chlorox wipe and it left these lighter dots on my ds screen, but they went away and I didn't really think about it. But then I did it again and there were new dots, and for about 2 months they've been there still. I've tried leaving it open to maybe dry or something but it hasn't worked. The first time I did it they went away after like a day because I left it open but this time it hasn't. I don't think they are dead pixels because whatever color the screen there is supposed to be it is the same color except a lighter shade.

[​IMG]

these are what they look like on (almost white)

And I booted up Animal Crossing[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and as you can see they are still there, however, they're harder to notice because they took the form of a lighter version of whatever color the color on the pixel spot it supposed to be.

I looked everywhere for something on this but I couldn't find anything so does anyone know what these exactly are or how to remove them? Thank you

2. testerfan

testerfan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes, these are liquid spots, when any liquid gets in between the films (in screen' backlight assembly) and dries up - you get this, can't be cleaned. Must either replace the whole screen, or the backlight assembly (which is what I do in this situation, must have spare/broken screens to transfer backlight screen and films to LCD)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - lighter, pixels, arent