Android LG Optimus 2x

Creqaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I haven't owned a cellphone for years and I'm not sure about what to choose but I've been leaning towards the LG Optimus 2x, it looks good, the specs sound good and it's cheaper than the Motorola Atrix which I heard bad things about and these 2 being the only dual core cellphones.
So is there any reason to not buy it? Is there something better? And does the 2nd core really make a difference?

//edit iPhone = no, don't even try recommending it.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well no, the second core doesn't really do crap right now expect for the few apps (mostly games) which support tegra 2

i can't really say much other than this overview that i saw
[youtube]AWDEyE2A0N0[/youtube]

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
what's your budget?
I would suggest staying away from LG. I've always had bad experiences with those. Crappy hardware, crappy OS'es. This is android, so the last one is out, but hardware might still be not that good.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
what's your budget?
I would suggest staying away from LG. I've always had bad experiences with those. Crappy hardware, crappy OS'es. This is android, so the last one is out, but hardware might still be not that good.
i've actually heard that the hardware is fantastic and that their skin on android is pretty terrible

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love LG phones, it's just that their phone designs aren't very good... Just look at the LG Dare... Poor thing... :\ But don't let that fool you, the Dare is an old and very outdated phone. It was nice while it lasted. I'm boxing it up when I get my LG Vortex Android phone (Also in the Optimus family) from FedEx tomorrow. My younger brother's DROID X as well.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
My experience with LG is that despite their specs being good, their build quality isn't really top notch. I've had numerous friends, and myself included, having their LG phones break on them in some form or another (usually screen cracking without external damage) without any dropping or impact of their phone. That, and the included hardware (like the camera) may sound nice, but it's actually of lower quality than those you would find on say a Sony Ericsson phone. Search up videos recorded from the LG Optimus 2X's camera and compare it to the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. Despite being of lower resolution, the Xperia Arc's camera quality is a lot better.

The 2nd core will eventually come into play, but not right now. Dual-core phones are just beginning to appear on the market, and it'll be probably another year before developers really start optimizing applications for that 2nd core.

I would actually hold off on getting the LG Optimus 2X if you can wait even another couple of months. Samsung is about to release their Galaxy S II phone(s), and they show some real promise with an amazing screen quality along with a dual-core processor. HTC will also be releasing their dual-core Sensation sometime soon as well. There will also be 3D-without-glasses dual-core phones coming out in forms of LG Optimus 3D and HTC Evo 3D sometime in the next few months if you're into that department. I'd wait a bit longer for a couple more options to arrive, as I honestly think that the Galaxy S II or HTC Sensation would be quite a bit better than the Optimus 2X.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o