Hacking Let's make MegaMan Legends 3 by ourselves!

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
In a moment were I was pissed off I wrote the following on GameFAQs:

QUOTE said:
Like many of you, I've waited 10 years for this game to be announced. They did, but they just cancelled it.

MegaMan Legends 3 is going to be released, even if not by Capcom themselves.

I'm going to gather a team in order to start developing it as a fan game for the PC and Mac. Since MegaMan is copyrighted by Capcom, fan developers would not be allowed to sell the game. However, we should not change anything. If we truly want the Legend to live, we must have Trigger and everybody back. Thus, me and my team will release the game for free.

We should start by remaking Prototype, together from what we know of the story, and then expand from there.

This game will be made!

However, even though I know how to code well enough, and I also took some classes of videogame programming, I'm not good enough to pull out a game like this alone. I have little to no real experience and I don't even think I have the skills to lead a whole group apart from being a coder and giving ideas and concepts in general. I've seen people posting similar things and insulted because they wanted to work a bit and take the whole credit while the others do the hard work. I'm not cut out to lead the programming of a game like this, but I still wanted to gather people to make the game. Thus, I'm saying right now that I'm willing to work as one of the programmers while leaving somebody with more experience and skill tot ake the lead of the project.

I only want this game to be made. Even though we still can't make 3DS homebrew, I posted this here so more people that are interested in the game and that have programming skills will read this. Also, we should port this to the 3DS once it is possible to make homebrew for it.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, totally. Making a game on the caliber of Megaman Legends 3 would take YEARS. We don't even have access to 3DS tech yet (for homebrew), so we'd have to make do with the DS/PSP.

It wouldn't be impossible, but it would never be the same.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Yeah, totally. Making a game on the caliber of Megaman Legends 3 would take YEARS. We don't even have access to 3DS tech yet (for homebrew), so we'd have to make do with the DS/PSP.

It wouldn't be impossible, but it would never be the same.
I think he wants to make a PC version first and then port it to the 3ds later.

It sounds nice on paper...

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adrian2040 said:
In a moment were I was pissed off I wrote the following on GameFAQs:

QUOTE said:
Like many of you, I've waited 10 years for this game to be announced. They did, but they just cancelled it.

MegaMan Legends 3 is going to be released, even if not by Capcom themselves.

I'm going to gather a team in order to start developing it as a fan game for the PC and Mac. Since MegaMan is copyrighted by Capcom, fan developers would not be allowed to sell the game. However, we should not change anything. If we truly want the Legend to live, we must have Trigger and everybody back. Thus, me and my team will release the game for free.

We should start by remaking Prototype, together from what we know of the story, and then expand from there.

This game will be made!

However, even though I know how to code well enough, and I also took some classes of videogame programming, I'm not good enough to pull out a game like this alone. I have little to no real experience and I don't even think I have the skills to lead a whole group apart from being a coder and giving ideas and concepts in general. I've seen people posting similar things and insulted because they wanted to work a bit and take the whole credit while the others do the hard work. I'm not cut out to lead the programming of a game like this, but I still wanted to gather people to make the game. Thus, I'm saying right now that I'm willing to work as one of the programmers while leaving somebody with more experience and skill tot ake the lead of the project.

I only want this game to be made. Even though we still can't make 3DS homebrew, I posted this here so more people that are interested in the game and that have programming skills will read this. Also, we should port this to the 3DS once it is possible to make homebrew for it.

Personally I would say try and recreate the engine for Legends Two dump the text of the two games and then get into the lore of that world a little and write up an amusing storyline that would find a proper place in that world.

nikkuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
OK. Let's look at the pool of potential candidates who can make this game. First you would need:

1) People who liked Mega Man Legends

So, the group is already pitifully small to begin with. Next, from this group, you must find:

2) People who have enough skill to program a game like Mega Man Legends

The group is getting smaller still. From those programmers, we need

3) People who liked Mega Man Legends enough to be willing to work on this

Wow. Even smaller. Lastly of those people we need to narrow it down to

3) People who have enough time and patience to do this without getting paid

It'd take some doing just to find 1 person who fits this criteria.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm guessing you don't like Mega Man Legends and is glad it died in it pit of shame and flames?
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

Other words how do you know it a small group that like them?

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it doesnt have to be as good... but with all the tools that are available to us, made by some of us, it can still be done.

There was a headline on the main page that some one was making a Legends homebrew for the DS, I think it was last week. What if we got some coders to work with them? Set up a GIT repository to upload any advancements, and go from there?

I maybe grasping at straws, but something is better than nothing.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hey im in,

check out my current homebrews (there both the same game just testign something)
Project Legends DS-DSi v002
the models ripped from megaman 64 & animated, the rest are self made, textures are real tho.

Project Legends DS-DSi DKP
self made ruin(its the 1st ruin from megaman 64) working on the camera tho. has sound,

gonna just turn these 2 into Megaman Legends 3 DS- DSi instead lol
T3-Games+ site

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adrian2040 said:
machomuu said:
No, it wouldn't be the same. Or as good.

The possibilities of that being true are very high (It's basically a fact.), but something is always better than nothing.
Well not if it sucks...which it might. Unless it turns into the "Crimson Echoes" of Megaman Legends, it's not worth it.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you know they are not going to make it?
i heard that it was going to be a pay demo on the 3ds e shop and that if enough people bought the demo that they were going to make the game , but that the demo was only going to come out in japan, i asked aomeone on here and they sais there was no japanese demo on the eshop for it, so what happened to the demo? was it ever released in japan? will it ever get released here?
personally i think its kinda a stupid way to test weather or not there is enough interest or not to produce a game, im sure alot of people that wanted it would have been like ,oh i will just wait for the game ,why bother paying for the demo ,im sure enough other people will buy the demo for them to make it, or they are only bluffing to try and get more money, plus the trial was only in japan or supposed to in japan only, they could have ported it to alot of countries , is the japanese market the highest consumers of megaman games or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.