Let's get this God dang full bootrom!

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by laramie, Sep 25, 2015.

1. laramie
    OP

laramie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    I know in the past some jerk took all the raised money from this and ditched. Not cool, but I want to try again, only this time I want the money to go to someone who knows what the hell they are doing and is trust worthy! I'm looking for devs that can melt down the ram chips in acid, the whole 9 yards. I will publicly interview everyone to show everyone they are legit and won't run off. I could really use everyone's help, I get it, none of us want to get burned twice, and I'll make sure this scece gets what they deserve.. A fully decrypted bootrom. Any help is much liked, please if you know anyone jump them on here, this will be done right. I'll ask some high up people as well, I doubt yellws8 will want to but I'll ask him. Let's do this guys!

d0k3, dark_samus3 and Margen67 like this.
  2. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Margen67 likes this.
  3. laramie
    OP

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    I know him and I know he's trustworthy, I already asked him how its done but never asked if he'd do it. I'll ask him later on tonight, but we as a scene would most likely need to raise some money again. I will buy the 3ds and send it to him or hand deliver it to him when I visit in December.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I know everyone sees "rasie money" and they freak out because of what happened last time, but that's why in this thread we will all agree on who will do this job, who's good for it.

Margen67 likes this.
  4. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

VinsCool, Margen67 and OctopusRift like this.
  5. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Cheeky bugger.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. laramie
    OP

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    This project can go far ^_^

Margen67 likes this.
  7. kontrolaltdelete

kontrolaltdelete Task Manager

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    I'm willing to toss in a few bucks. But what're AHP's credentials?

Last edited by kontrolaltdelete, Sep 26, 2015
  8. DaftMink

DaftMink GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Can someone fill me.
    Why would we need funds to acquire the bootrom ?.

Margen67 likes this.
  9. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    I think fundraising could be better spent encouraging a new arm9 exploit. It gives you all the *important* benefits of a bootrom exploit and has much more realistic chances.

10. kontrolaltdelete

kontrolaltdelete Task Manager

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    Hell, I'd be willing to throw money towards this as well, but I already have exploitable FW. If someone said they'd take time off work to make this happen on N3DS at a higher than 9.5, I'd throw a substantial amount in.

PS - it isn't gullibility that I'm willing to throw money in, nor a huge disposable income, but in the early days of smartphones when we had WinMo, some developers (Crossfire being a big one) on XDA needed donations as they would take time off work for hacks for the community. I'm just not an idiot who assumes all developers do or can work for free from the bottom of their endless love for GBATemp. They need to eat as well. Or support their habits. Whichever.

Last edited by kontrolaltdelete, Sep 26, 2015
    zoogie likes this.
  11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Why should we trust this person exactly? I don't think I have seen a single one of his posts and looking at the couple first pages of his posts on his profile doesn't really inspire much confidence.

I might be willing to chip in a few bucks, but it all depends on how much I trust whoever is entrusted with the money. And it takes a lot for me to trust people.

DinohScene likes this.
  12. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I' be willing to pitch some money on the bounty.

13. laramie
    OP

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    APH_Person is who helped rxtools obtain n3ds as well as me. We both are mentioned in it by Alerbtosonic if you don't believe me check the thread. The point of this project is to get the bootrom... Meaning we have a huge chance to get cfw on cold boot, not like the homemenu exploit but true access and possibly even more to be honest. Not a single person has the FULL bootrom decrypted and ready to upload meaning it's not something you can just obtain in a few days with some "cool" software exploit. The 3DS locks the bootrom at boot and only hardware attacks work to get it. I don't even think Yellows8 has it. If we get the bootrom fully decrypted, That'll shutdown this whole scene. Meaning We'd never need anything ever again. so the bootrom is extremely important. You can also check it out on 3dbrew if you also don't believe me.

V3NUS_M1NER, Margen67 and LoloLakitu like this.
  14. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    This thread has nothing to do with me, carry on.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    ;P

Last edited by AHP_person, Sep 26, 2015
  15. AtlasFontaine

AtlasFontaine GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 18, 2015
    Venezuela
    Venezuela-Zulia.
    What's exactly the "bootrom" (sorry for my noobness)

16. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    we have no idea what he has or not! i wouldn't be surprised if he had it.

17. laramie
    OP

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    All we know is that if yellows8 had it, he would have the common key, he'd have everything which I'm sure he doesn't have

18. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    It's, well, the boot ROM. It handles the initial boot process along with core functionality.

AtlasFontaine likes this.
  19. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    rxtools doesn't garner any sort of support with anyone in the 3ds scene... it started out as copy paste programming and since the source went pubic its mostly been gui updates... now If someone like yellows8 or smea was in charge then I might donate but to some random rxtool copypaste programmers no way.

VinsCool and AHP_person like this.
  20. laramie
    OP

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Well they most likely won't since they don't really want to get their hands dirty with anything nintendo like dipping the stuff in acid.. And they have updated rx to an extent besides gui crap.