Let the preloader directly start a channel?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by exoskelett, Apr 20, 2009.

Apr 20, 2009
  1. exoskelett
    OP

Newcomer exoskelett Member

Germany
    Hey,

I've got Preloader 0.29 installed and wanted to asked if it's possible to directly start a channel instead of systemmenu/hbc?

Or is there a possibility to directly start the USB-loader? Can I just use the USB-loader dol for that?

Sorry if I'm asking a newbie-question...

Exo

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I want exactly the same thing. Unfortunately, the forwarder dol I'm trying to use (which is working fine in a channel) won't work when set as preloader's autobooting dol. So if someone has a dol that does work, please do post it here!
    You could also try to install the loader's dol itself as autoboot, don't know if that will work. But for me, that solution won't do, I really prefer a forwarder solution (easier to update)
    In the mean time, I have set up a sort of alternative: Crazy Intro. That can be set a preloader's autobooting dol. Crazy Intro will display a picture (you can set your own) and will then wait for a button to be pressed. A will take you to wii menu, B to HBC and the directional buttons can be mapped to a channel..such as a USB Loader forward channel.

3. exoskelett
    OP

Newcomer exoskelett Member

Germany
    Yeah, I read about that Crazy Intro thing, too, but I kinda forgot about it [​IMG]

But there should be an alternative to that too...