Hacking Let the preloader directly start a channel?

exoskelett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

I've got Preloader 0.29 installed and wanted to asked if it's possible to directly start a channel instead of systemmenu/hbc?

Or is there a possibility to directly start the USB-loader? Can I just use the USB-loader dol for that?

Sorry if I'm asking a newbie-question...

Exo

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want exactly the same thing. Unfortunately, the forwarder dol I'm trying to use (which is working fine in a channel) won't work when set as preloader's autobooting dol. So if someone has a dol that does work, please do post it here!
You could also try to install the loader's dol itself as autoboot, don't know if that will work. But for me, that solution won't do, I really prefer a forwarder solution (easier to update)
In the mean time, I have set up a sort of alternative: Crazy Intro. That can be set a preloader's autobooting dol. Crazy Intro will display a picture (you can set your own) and will then wait for a button to be pressed. A will take you to wii menu, B to HBC and the directional buttons can be mapped to a channel..such as a USB Loader forward channel.

exoskelett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I read about that Crazy Intro thing, too, but I kinda forgot about it
blush.gif

But there should be an alternative to that too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Jared and his blood covered foot long