Hacking Discussion Let the bannings begin

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm understanding this correctly if you used an autofire controller mod for call of duty on your Xbox on the same network as your switch, that's ban City?
If Microsoft bans for it then i would say yes. although i don't use one my self.

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would never log in my Nintendo ID on a console that I'm going to run homebrew on, much less be arrogant enough to think that I would avoid a ban on ANY system I chose to run homebrew on.

Nintendo is now essentially a one piece of hardware console manufacturer, they are going to go much deeper I terms of hacking detection than they ever did on the 3DS.

Good luck to everyone who thinks they don't need a second Switch for their fun stuff.

Reactions: RichKK

Evictor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
will lets say that they did we would never find out because they would not tell anyone. Its illegal kinda why they want tell anyone.
Meth is bad for you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

T
I don't think Nintendo hacked anything. It's more plausible they have a way to detect something in your console. Even if your console is brand new, if you use your profile in a modified one, can be a ban risk.

Can they, for example, check how many times the device has been booted into recovery mode?
Thats highly unlikely if you follow the logic of Nintendo allowing RCM to be initiated unencrypted by an end-user. If they had the foresight for your suggestion, they would of patched up Fusee Gelee

ahmio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't he make a splatoon drawing thing that draws images super fast? That could have triggered some sort of anti-cheat.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't he make a splatoon drawing thing that draws images super fast? That could have triggered some sort of anti-cheat.
Possibly? I'm not sure that the Post Printer would trigger anything, though, unless Nintendo is checking every input Splatoon receives for overly methodical motions, a la ReCAPTCHA. I suppose that could be the case, but I don't see why most online functions of his console would be nukes rather than just Spla2n

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it's a poison ban then, they likely targeted the hacked switch and saw another switch on the same IP.

Maybe, who knows.

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about-to-go-down.gif

Nobody is safe anymore!

Reactions: CallmeBerto

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they may be getting help from Microsoft on this one! think about it cross platform with minecraft and because they did that Microsoft helped them with there hacking problem.
That's an interesting conclusion to make, considering Microsoft allows homebrew now on their platform (albeit in a sandbox but still). I mean if they help the Big N better secure they're console it will push more homebrewers to just opt for one of the Xbox One consoles instead, a win win for Microsoft haha.

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an interesting conclusion to make, considering Microsoft allows homebrew now on their platform (albeit in a sandbox but still). I mean if they help the Big N better secure they're console it will push more homebrewers to just opt for one of the Xbox One consoles instead, a win win for Microsoft haha.

What are you talking about? I can't tell if you're acting sarcastic......

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have hundreds of hours in LBP. I made plenty of levels. They're still online. After a few days, Nintendo decided to PROBABLY automatically delete my level because of low playcount (PROBABLY). It sucked ASS. That's all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol