SphereX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey y'all.

Inexplicably, everything except LEGO SW:TFA's UI elements runs at 640x363. Even without "overclocking," at 960x544 it rarely drops below its target framerate.

I bumped up every resolution call I could find to native; originals first, 960x544 second:

SW1b.png
SW1.png
SW2b.png
SW2.png

Unfortunately, the game makes use of frame buffer effects, and it crashes hard when attempting some with a full-fat frame buffer. This is just a first pass, though; I'll wade through all the calls and come up with a working version. It will eventually consist of six to eight edits to the game's eboot.bin.

(This is my own dumped physical copy, by the by! As a game developer, I do not advocate piracy in any way.)

Edit: Making progress. I've got it running 99% crash-free at 720x408, but I hope to get it more or less stable at 960x544 as seen below. It's a surprisingly good game, and vastly more attractive at native resolution:

SW4b.png
SW4.png

Last edited by SphereX,

SphereX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work! Is this the same version as that of the PC/PS4? Or is this one of those handheld specials?

Thanks! Worst case scenario it'll run flawlessly at 720x408, which is a big step up from 640x368 at least. It's actually a remarkably faithful iteration of the PS4/PS3/Xbone/360/PC version. Probably the best LEGO game IMHO.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Thanks! Worst case scenario it'll run flawlessly at 720x408, which is a big step up from 640x368 at least. It's actually a remarkably faithful iteration of the PS4/PS3/Xbone/360/PC version. Probably the best LEGO game IMHO.

Wow, that's amazing! I played the PC version and had a blast with it, can't believe it can be played on the Vita (I mean, the support is nice). This is 60fps yes? I would love to use what you come up with, but please keep it to 60!

Reactions: SphereX

SphereX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's amazing! I played the PC version and had a blast with it, can't believe it can be played on the Vita (I mean, the support is nice). This is 60fps yes? I would love to use what you come up with, but please keep it to 60!

It has a cap at 30, unfortunately :/ Given that it rarely drops below 30 even at 960x544 it definitely could have benefited from an unlocked framerate...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly baffled why the developers chose to run the game at such a low resolution. Even at the game's standard settings, it keeps a solid 30fps most of the time at 960x544.
Likely to lower battery consumption. The Vita's battery life isn't necessarily great, especially on the OLED, pushing it harder with higher resolution games will just make it even worse. I'd love to see a battery comparison between the two, with and without the resolution change if you want to check it.

SphereX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Likely to lower battery consumption. The Vita's battery life isn't necessarily great, especially on the OLED, pushing it harder with higher resolution games will just make it even worse. I'd love to see a battery comparison between the two, with and without the resolution change if you want to check it.

Its silicon is running at sufficient speed to push 30fps at native res, though. It really is the -most- baffling thing to me that this game runs at 640x368 when it can run native and absolutely has the assets to support that resolution. Many other games with sub-native resolution that have been hacked like Ridge Racer and DOA5 cannot run at their target frame rate @ 544p without "overclocking", so I understand that, but...it's a mystery.

Reactions: InquisitionImplied

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck making it stable! I wouldn't think it would be more taxing than LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids, which renders everything at 544p, but that did have some drops in it's flying segments. Does this game have any flying segments?

SphereX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck making it stable! I wouldn't think it would be more taxing than LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids, which renders everything at 544p, but that did have some drops in it's flying segments. Does this game have any flying segments?

Thanks! It seems 100% stable at 720x408, but I have an idea as to how to tackle the framebuffer effect issue. It's Star Wars, so it does indeed have flying segments :) I've noticed occasional hiccups at stock silicon speeds, and zero with Oclockvita.

Reactions: InquisitionImplied

Nad45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks! It seems 100% stable at 720x408, but I have an idea as to how to tackle the framebuffer effect issue. It's Star Wars, so it does indeed have flying segments :) I've noticed occasional hiccups at stock silicon speeds, and zero with Oclockvita.

Hi
Have you made some progress ?

Is it possible to know which values we need to change ?
I would like to see how it looks at native resolution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy