1. elgarta

OP elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hola everyone!

So as the topic suggests, I am wondering if it is possible to boot into a Burnt PS1/PS2 game after loading a legitimate copy of a Cheat Disc, like Gameshark or Exploder.

I am using a CECHA 60gb model PS3 with Cobra 4.30 CFW, so I can load up burnt discs (Backups of legit games... Mhmm), but I am looking to invest in a cheat disc to mess around with some of the older titles that I play, but copying the saves onto the PC, playing in an emulator to cheat, then copy back seems like too much of a hassle.

If this does not work, does anyone know if it is possible to swap discs in older games with the latest MMCM? So that I could say load up the cheat disc ISO then swap to the game afterwards? Iris and the newer revisions of MM support this apparently but I haven't been able to find a working method for my loader.

2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

United States
    Unfortunately, I tried using cheat devices on my softmodded PS2, but couldn't get it to work. I tried the actual discs and ROMs of them.

I actually prefer emulators, so it's not a problem for me, but I can understand purism and/or crappy computer specs. If you do find a way to get cheat discs working on backups, let me know.

3. elgarta

OP elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    D'oh, well that sucks. I personally prefer the actual hardware, I guess that is part of the 'purism' thing. Emulators are good, but I only really use them in games were I feel like cheating for fun, like messing around with Leo in FF6, or trying to catch specific pokemon that aren't found in the Wild. Kind of anti-purism haha.

I'll keep an eye out for sure. Apparently there is an 18-in-1 cheat disc ISO for ps1 games that should work, but I havent been able to find it.

4. elgarta

OP elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Out of curiosity, do you know the ones you used were PS3 compatible? Apparently Codebreaker 9.3 is compatible, several forums and Amazon reviews confirm this. If there is a compatible version, there must be a way to get it to read discs, especially if Cobra plays burnt discs. The ISOs I tried didn't work, but I think they were bad dumps.

Also, did you use a retail cheat device?

5. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

United States
    Yeah, I used Codebreaker, I think it was 8.1 or something. I don't know if that earlier version is compatible, though.

I don't think you were having problems with the dumps, though. The homebrew on the PS3 is what allows you to boot burnt discs. If you then start a cheat disc, retail or not, you're now letting the PS3 itself boot the disc, and since it's burnt, it doesn't work. There may be a way around it, but I've never heard of it (but I don't know that much about the PS3).

6. elgarta

OP elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hmm, well it turns out one game I was trying to boot at the same time as Codebreaker (Chaos Wars or something) was a bad dump as it didn't boot as an ISO either, but another ISO I got did boot, haven't tried burning since my remaining DVD-R discs are junk. Had them stored in a room that apparently had a water leak.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Legit, Cheat, Burnt