Hacking Legit copy of Pokemon B2 with flashcart ROM save file? Will it work with Pokemon Bank?

magiccoupons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi y'all, tried to google this around on the internet and can't find any leads to it, nevermind an answer. I know this will take some speculation, but my question is this. I got a R4 3DS card a while back (currently doesn't work on my XL since I updated the firmware to play the new Streetpass games, but I have a DS Lite for it), and it currently has 3 copies of Pokemon Black 2 (3 so I could get extra copies of the recent event shiny legendaries :yaynds:).

Now I've gotten decently far in one of them, so if I backup the save I want and put it on to the legit Pokemon B2 I just got, would it be ok in working in the upcoming Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter tools? I just knew that using a flashcart wouldn't work with these new tools for transferring to X/Y so that's why I bought a legit B2, but not sure whether save files from ROMs can be detected as not legit, therefore corrupting the legitimacy of my actual B2 card.

magiccoupons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I understand that, what I'm trying to ask is will I be able to use the service if I take a save from one of the Pokemon Black 2 ROMs on my flashcart, (the .sav file I'm guessing) and dump it onto my legit Pokemon Black 2 game card, will this affect the legitimacy of my game card, and therefore prevent me from using the service?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given the games are not yet out you might have a harder time finding a 100% answer. I have not seen anything to indicate there would be a flash cart detection method and most were thinking it would be more of a "legit" check for the pokemon -- even if you caught the best pokemon you could, at the lowest wild level and perfectly ev trained it then you would still have a cap on various stats. Compare this to the people that do not take the time to properly make a pokemon in pokesav or with cheats that did not set the catch point to a legit one, set the stats at a level that is impossible for the game to get to but possible for the game to store, gave it some impossible moves and everything else like that then it could stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.

magiccoupons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Given the games are not yet out you might have a harder time finding a 100% answer. I have not seen anything to indicate there would be a flash cart detection method and most were thinking it would be more of a "legit" check for the pokemon -- even if you caught the best pokemon you could, at the lowest wild level and perfectly ev trained it then you would still have a cap on various stats. Compare this to the people that do not take the time to properly make a pokemon in pokesav or with cheats that did not set the catch point to a legit one, set the stats at a level that is impossible for the game to get to but possible for the game to store, gave it some impossible moves and everything else like that then it could stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.

So say that my save from the flashcart B2 doesn't contained modified pokemon (cos I don't even know how to do that anyway) and on a legitimate B2 Game Card it works just fine... Little chance of the service tracing the save is from a unlegitimate source...? Obviously we cannot say for sure here, I guess I'll find out when it comes along... just wondering what people think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F