Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
917925_54700_front.jpg

About a month back i noticed on gamefaqs and gamespot a very peculiar game
Legend of Kay, a game that was released on the Playstation 2 a few years back is getting a port, how good of a port? I cannot answer that as no screens indicate the DS Version.

The game is releasing in Europe on the 30th of October and will arrive in the States at the beginning of December

-Box Shot-
51-kKSK6OqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

=Story=
Kay a young cat is training under master fossil, an old martial artist cat who loves to drink nettlemeed, there were four clans of the lands
"The Cats", "The Rabbits", "The Frogs" and "The Pandas". But there were those who had a hatred for the clans, "The Gorillas" and "The Rats" The Rat leader Tak and the Gorilla master Shun started to occupy the areas one by one, but the Mayor of the cats loves being promoted so he behaved like Shun was the good man... when he really wasn't... Kay after the Gorillas invaded and shut down the martial arts school, he decides to steal the sword of the cat ancestor... and his long and periless journey begins.

Im hoping good things for this game... but i just hope they didnt rush it... and leave it with bugs...

Giratina3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
monaug5 said:
Any screenshots. I live in the UK so I should be able to get a hold of this game soon.

There are no clear DS screen shots.... the ones ive seen look like the PS2 version, odds are this game will have a graphical decrease due to the processing power, still even if the graphics are a little decreased, if it doesnt lag, we may well have a winning Legend of Kay on the Nintendo DS

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game was in a book of video game modeling, rigging, and mechanics a few years back. i never thought it got released. cool.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at this game myself. IGN had the idiocy to post screens they took from the PS2 version, and then scaled down to DS resolution. But don't believe them, the same screens are on Gamespot in full PS2 resolution. I just want a real screen of the DS version.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though at all. The two versions are developed by totally different people-

Legend of Kay PS2:
Developer- Neon Studios
Publisher- Capcom

Legend of Kay DS:
Developer- JoWooD Entertainment AG
Publisher- Dreamcatcher

I looked at JoWooD Entertainment AG's game list, and saw very little i'm familiar with. They apparently did a fairly popular game called Panzer Elite, but the also did a lot of other stuff I don't know about.

So basically, this could turn out completely different from the original, which was a platform adventure game. We might get some sort of 2D platformer instead, and judging from most DS games, we'll probably get that. Not that 2D is bad, but the DS gets the short end of the stick often. Anyways, hits Europe today, hope we get a dump soon to see if it's as good as the PS2 game, or even close to the same. If anyone finds some screens of the DS game, post them up.

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Uhmmmm, they're both publisher and jowood is the parent company of dreamcatcher. Can it be that you got something wrong?

On another note: Both publisher published average to very good games. But jowood is known for pressing on release dates.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really get into the details about the publisher, all that matters with the game is the developer. And I just checked Amazon.co.uk. Their page for the game claims it is out of stock. And I can't imagine why, seeing as almost no one knew about this game's existence. Makes me think the date was fake.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-of-Kay-Nint...8638&sr=8-6

Giratina3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Until we see an official screen from the game then all we say now is speculation
DS-Scene like i said have a release list and Legend of Kay appears on there...
Twice in fact... Europe is today and NA is on the 27th November

Giratina3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
I'm looking at this game myself. IGN had the idiocy to post screens they took from the PS2 version, and then scaled down to DS resolution. But don't believe them, the same screens are on Gamespot in full PS2 resolution. I just want a real screen of the DS version.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though at all. The two versions are developed by totally different people-

Legend of Kay PS2:
Developer- Neon Studios
Publisher- Capcom

Legend of Kay DS:
Developer- JoWooD Entertainment AG
Publisher- Dreamcatcher

I looked at JoWooD Entertainment AG's game list, and saw very little i'm familiar with. They apparently did a fairly popular game called Panzer Elite, but the also did a lot of other stuff I don't know about.

So basically, this could turn out completely different from the original, which was a platform adventure game. We might get some sort of 2D platformer instead, and judging from most DS games, we'll probably get that. Not that 2D is bad, but the DS gets the short end of the stick often. Anyways, hits Europe today, hope we get a dump soon to see if it's as good as the PS2 game, or even close to the same. If anyone finds some screens of the DS game, post them up.
By the way....
For Europe

Legend of Kay PS2
Developer: Neon Studios - As indicated on the box
Publisher: Big Ben Interactive - I havent heard of this company and JoWood appears on the box

For Europe
Legend of Kay DS
Developer: JoWood Entertainment AG
Publisher: JoWood Entertainment AG

I find this odd ...

But like i said until we see an actual screen we will have to wait and see...
If anyone finds a screen just like granville said, post it up we'd like to see what we're dealing with, and even if it doesnt look as good as the original im still getting it, its Legend of Kay on DS and ill be happy either way, but i wont be happy if they butcher all the gameplay mechanics...

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Bigben published it.
blink.gif
They're also an hardware manafacturar. But, they aren't a subsidiary of Jowood. Maybe they co-published it?
moogle.gif

It's a mystery....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)