PCSX2 HD texture pack group

Legacy of Kain

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Something slowing you down with this games for a long time...I am currently working on one game that will be a surprise and which will be the next one in my Mega Library, but after it...since you are not in a hurry, I will work on Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain Defiance.

P.S. But I will not work on Blood Omen 2. I don't like this game. So if you're still going to do something, you can do it. If you like.

• Love
Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Something slowing you down with this games for a long time...I am currently working on one game that will be a surprise and which will be the next one in my Mega Library, but after it...since you are not in a hurry, I will work on Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain Defiance.

P.S. But I will not work on Blood Omen 2. I don't like this game. So if you're still going to do something, you can do it. If you like.
Thats great mate

let me give you a short recap what happend and how the status now:

so i started with the original soul reaver on pc after some researching i could extract the textures then ive run it throug my gigapixel a.i but then ive looked for a way to insert the modified textures back found one but there was a catch the game engine doesnt accept high resolutions then ive digged a little deeper the beta versions of soul reaver were running with a higher resolution and ive tried to take those beta textures and insert at least those textures to geet any kind of improvement but with no success the beta textures are encrypted differently and those keys arent available anywhere

then i started with soul reaver 2 but on my playthrough my old computer broke down had to buy new parts then the new parts arrived but my gpu broke now im waiting on the release of the 4090 to start my work again

and yes i will start then with blood omen 2 eveeen tho i hate those bosses

ive also looked into modding blood omen 1 but its even more complicated then soul reaver 1

Reactions: VidraXs

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm having problems with Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2. I started going through the game, collecting texture dumps and upscaling them in parallel, but after a couple of days, the game now refuses to start and the emulator crashes. The crash report gives something related to DLL libraries, but they are present in the System32 folder. So I don't know what's the matter, but it looks like Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 was a bummer. Although, if someone sends me texture dumps of this game, I will upscale them.

All that I managed to upscale here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9kuoel55uwazaz6/Legacy_of_Kain_Soul_Reaver_2_PS2_Upscale_Textures_%5BSLUS-20165%5D_Beta.rar/file

Update: I tried the Pal version. Works. So I'll keep working on Soul Reaver 2. Good thing I didn't get that far in the NTSC version.

Last edited by CCKrizalid,

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm having problems with Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2. I started going through the game, collecting texture dumps and upscaling them in parallel, but after a couple of days, the game now refuses to start and the emulator crashes. The crash report gives something related to DLL libraries, but they are present in the System32 folder. So I don't know what's the matter, but it looks like Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 was a bummer. Although, if someone sends me texture dumps of this game, I will upscale them.

All that I managed to upscale here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9kuoel55uwazaz6/Legacy_of_Kain_Soul_Reaver_2_PS2_Upscale_Textures_%5BSLUS-20165%5D_Beta.rar/file

Update: I tried the Pal version. Works. So I'll keep working on Soul Reaver 2. Good thing I didn't get that far in the NTSC version.
yeah i had those errors in pal version too

the only solution for me was to restart the emu and make heavy use of savestates

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
yeah i had those errors in pal version too

the only solution for me was to restart the emu and make heavy use of savestates
The same problems started with the Pal version. So I will not be able to collect dumps of this game. We'll have to skip it and start collecting Defiance dumps.

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't know why, but when I upscale the resulting texture dumps and put them in the replacement folder, when I run the game through the emulator, it crashes. Apparently the same thing happened with Soul Reaver 2. In general, I can collect dumps, I can upscale, but I can’t check the final result. So I don't even know what to do.

Update: It is possible that these games simply do not support texture upscaling? I don't know how it is connected, but other games that I upscaled, works fine. And the games of the Legacy of Kain series refuse to work after upscaling.

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know why, but when I upscale the resulting texture dumps and put them in the replacement folder, when I run the game through the emulator, it crashes. Apparently the same thing happened with Soul Reaver 2. In general, I can collect dumps, I can upscale, but I can’t check the final result. So I don't even know what to do.

Update: It is possible that these games simply do not support texture upscaling? I don't know how it is connected, but other games that I upscaled, works fine. And the games of the Legacy of Kain series refuse to work after upscaling.
hmmm sounds like theres something wrong back when i worked on soul reaver 2 i could play with some of my ""upscalled" textures as soon as my gpu is here i will do some test

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
hmmm sounds like theres something wrong back when i worked on soul reaver 2 i could play with some of my ""upscalled" textures as soon as my gpu is here i will do some test
I found a solution to the problem not without the participation of zombies 167. After the upscale shooter "Black", I will return to the Legacy of Kain series.

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The solution to the problem is quite simple. All you need is to reformat the final result of the upscaled textures not to the DDS format, but to the PNG format. I don't know how it works, but the PNG format does not crash the emulator and works quite well. Working on Soul Reaver 2.

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The solution to the problem is quite simple. All you need is to reformat the final result of the upscaled textures not to the DDS format, but to the PNG format. I don't know how it works, but the PNG format does not crash the emulator and works quite well. Working on Soul Reaver 2.
i thought @Bl4ckH4nd had allready done the complete series while im still waiting on my new gpu

anyway yeah dds is a hellhole at the momemt probably needs a speecific dds type probably with correect mipmaps and bc3/bc5 compression but dont quote me at that

im still searchin for a good dds programm most of them will turn your highres textures back to low res

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Bl4ckH4nd

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
i thought @Bl4ckH4nd had allready done the complete series while im still waiting on my new gpu

anyway yeah dds is a hellhole at the momemt probably needs a speecific dds type probably with correect mipmaps and bc3/bc5 compression but dont quote me at that

im still searchin for a good dds programm most of them will turn your highres textures back to low res
Hey yeah I did the packs for them. I should be able to post soon. I've done a bunch more packs the last week or so. I'm going to drop a link to my whole PS2 folder here.
Post automatically merged:

I
Anybody working on any of the lok games? if not i would like to
im asking because i dont want that we end up with 2 texturemods of the same game ;)
I finally managed to post my stuff here.

Thank you for helping me out :)

Last edited by Bl4ckH4nd,

VidraXs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game.
I made the only pc hdlike tethere pack available around 2020. Then a break guy stole it replacing it's name "vx hdlike pack or mod" for "retexture wraces patch", ran a batch filter over it...
https://www.moddb.com/games/legacy-...er-pc-steam-goc-hdlike-texture-pack-vxpack-v3
https://www.nexusmods.com/soulreaver/mods/7

I can absolutely guarantee it's the only pc texture pack updated as I finally took the stolen version down due poor batch filter to makeup , took good years and more than just AI.

Now from countless thousands of 16x16 squared textures as I trimed all of the 256x256 hard coded textures and did them individually to be seamless, as all my works I left around ten textures glitched purposely in order to be recognized in case of anyone reuploading and or accepting donations.
Only reasons why I left the stolen to run free for keeping blood into lok but since he made no mention and lied about his edits which was but a filter, I've decided to requests it's removal for it fooled already 500 people minimum with inferior messed up filtered textures.

PS. I had done a ps1 pack but not for distribution as it was a modified iso of the game which now was bought.

Screenshot_20240426-162858_cropped.pngScreenshot_20240426-162848_cropped.pngScreenshot_20240426-162831_cropped.pngScreenshot_20240426-162810_cropped.pngScreenshot_20240426-162909_cropped.pngScreenshot_20240426-162919_cropped.pngScreenshot_20240426-162930_cropped.pngScreenshot_20240426-162940_cropped.png

If you wondering why you may never heard of it, nosgothicas grasp it's longer than you think.
Even YouTube comparatives are deliberately orchestrated to hid it's existence, using a super old rebirth ugly a f... as the pc version comparative, do so in order to please their friends, which it's fine but not fair when advising hundreds of fans.
Screenshot_20240426-170039_cropped.png

Here a BR guy did a decent faithful demonstration even though I'm still in need of a full gameplay of it using higher resolution of.

Anybody working on any of the lok games? if not i would like to
im asking because i dont want that we end up with 2 texturemods of the same game ;)

Last edited by VidraXs,

SadOrigami

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Allow me to introduce myself. I am a very knowledgeable person when it comes to my favorite franchises: Silent Hill, Legacy of Kain, and Shadow of the Colossus (standalone), to the point that I have pieces of information about every franchise that the communities don't seem to have discovered yet. And those were the games I've used to learn about texture modification, which I've now moved onto complete texture remaking, so I know them well. I trust only Raina to mess with this franchise, but since she may not touch the other games (I've been waiting for two years now), I'm planning on doing it myself.

My ex girlfriend did a couple of simple upscales more than a year ago, which now she says they look very bad compared to what I am able to achieve with my skills, so maybe it's time to give it a try. I only hope that the devs of PCSX2 have fixed the mipmapping issues.

Moebius.pngRaziel.png

We even did experiment a little with ReShade to add some different color palettes and change the mood (more realistic, cinematic, vintage, etc.). Also correcting some continuity stuff like Raziel's skin color through the games.

5645679.jpgComparativa.jpg

So, eventually, if no one does a proper remaster of the PlayStation 2 games, I'll do it myself and I'll add details everywhere, you'll be able to see the disfigured remains of the fucking pores on Raziel's corroded skin.

You can test your luck by doing an upscale, I would love to have different options for these games since they are my childhood, but in case you want to help me out in the future with this project, I can let you know when I start and we'll figure out something. My skills are not yet up to par, but I try to improve them everyday. These are samples of my work:

Heather.jpgAvion HD.png7344562.png

Reactions: VidraXs

VidraXs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah I rembemb
Allow me to introduce myself. I am a very knowledgeable person when it comes to my favorite franchises: Silent Hill, Legacy of Kain, and Shadow of the Colossus (standalone), to the point that I have pieces of information about every franchise that the communities don't seem to have discovered yet. And those were the games I've used to learn about texture modification, which I've now moved onto complete texture remaking, so I know them well. I trust only Raina to mess with this franchise, but since she may not touch the other games (I've been waiting for two years now), I'm planning on doing it myself.

My ex girlfriend did a couple of simple upscales more than a year ago, which now she says they look very bad compared to what I am able to achieve with my skills, so maybe it's time to give it a try. I only hope that the devs of PCSX2 have fixed the mipmapping issues.

We even did experiment a little with ReShade to add some different color palettes and change the mood (more realistic, cinematic, vintage, etc.). Also correcting some continuity stuff like Raziel's skin color through the games.

So, eventually, if no one does a proper remaster of the PlayStation 2 games, I'll do it myself and I'll add details everywhere, you'll be able to see the disfigured remains of the fucking pores on Raziel's corroded skin.

You can test your luck by doing an upscale, I would love to have different options for these games since they are my childhood, but in case you want to help me out in the future with this project, I can let you know when I start and we'll figure out something. My skills are not yet up to par, but I try to improve them everyday. These are samples of my work:

Yeah I know your nickname, as I know lua, raina and most related with lok, the sight from the Abyss has its privileges lol.
I do acknowledge Raina's work to be a remaking, more was more like a remaster, that hdlike pack it's but a reduction of two others HD mods I shared with wrace a long ago.
In fact I used to serve the circle but once they gave too much power to a moderator which was upscaling bo1, as I was starting experimenting with... In resume multiple different people, multiple different platforms, it was inevitable...
That being said, I do not questions Raina's works,web basically started together Individually as I reached that com while I was intuitively merging rooms for beta on the main game, always for pc as I do not own a physical DC disk anymore, only steam.
The way I described nosgitica above was aiming the minions nourished there, plus the baselin for instance, persecution of wraces Patch for pc port..
Now I only mostly a spectator but can bring prints of steam fans, or regedit exhausted of bickering and how that split the coms, how nobody gives a s... about who did what or when, only how as they go to the cons after the game...
I was banished about 4-5 years ago in complicated times for both,by an mod named eagle-eye or something, In fact I don't even recall who was, but he had the only or best to fire pack till mine. So was I harsh with him the day? Yes, afterward.
But again it's hard to trust a judgement after years of OK relationships when the hand behind the actions may have personal reasons dictating his actions...

(This is redundant, just added in case you belong there I did it once, no issues with that, good luck all)

NOWW! Sadly I do not have a pc in the last two years, exploring AI in general meanwhile, learned a lot, plus esrgan at this point is redundant to me as the stored packs are pushed to its limited,dither, blur, pallet, alphas, bumpmaping, there's literally nothing else to do at least for sr1 pc.

As for your reshade works, experiments you may find it odd but Hehehe, I started 8/7 years ago on the same tracks you are but I won't take that from you, I even did a full custom modification of sr1pc by strategically changing enemies and items, in hex manually lol, only at the end learned about a tool for it....

I can't share the link as it is for haste game which now has owners.

Anything you may need with AI as modification of items or skins, or re creation of ratios by adding ai generated content, just post here, Im becoming very fast at it, only limited momentarily by hardware.

So again , nosgotica's circle it's mostly fine, the second best discord I ever was in, was very fun, even though they were assaulted relentlessly with demands for my demise lol.
All because I decided to exerse my own will rather the one of sorceress, and ghosts and streamers all singing the same tune: kill Kain lol

One more thing , to be fair, Wrace for the years I observed him,it's a calm and reasonable man.

Extra:
Did a HD mod different of re3hdp, got out.
Did a HD mod different of SR, got out.
Did a redux version of FFVII tsuna, got out.
Did a redux version of RE4hdp, stolen at least one.
Did a re3 patch for limitless resolution and high quality models, got ignored.

There are patterns you will only know if you have the hearth for the truth and the will to see it. Lol

Following posts will be less dramatic and with only 30% BS, I have both in abundance lol

Seriously now, good Möebius model up there man...
Post automatically merged:

and one more thing about this nightmare shadering the SR1 from which you long to escape...
"You're nearly at the threshold" 👌

Rgtj will never truly work for for optimization of ps1 streaming textures the Z buffer seemed to by split Into two different directions as for restraining it's depth...
Meaning the global illumination which should extend trough the game ends up at raziels model and in reverse behind d the fog... Only a grid shader based on voxel raymarch could potentially work, perhaps not even that.
Sr1 has no lightning or reflections, only glow, shade and what seems to be wall reflections is but a very fast spinning beacon effect adding as fade in and out giving impression of reflection.

Follow my advice keep these reshades outside discord coms at least,be wise as I wasn't, too open mind...
Prestige or better to say our lack of seeking it it's what made you wait years without results... Hdp are mathematical works usually seeking prestige... "Preying on the ignorant and weak whispering in their ears gossip streams of their future paths, Stay out of their nets"

"And if events cannot be reshuffled to accommodate the change? " If you do something so good it can't be ignored?

It is the (irritant) who's "EXPELLED". Bear in mind that this may be exactly the outcome our enemies are trying to provoke. We must tread very carefully.
You speak as if we were allies!
Regarding of your intentions up there, in their eyes we are!

I for once got nearly out of two networks for theorizing solutions for a game very few play...

Screenshot_20240426-224712_cropped.pngScreenshot_20240426-224808_cropped.pngScreenshot_20240426-224753_cropped.pngScreenshot_20240426-224734_cropped.png

Do not speak to me of environmental effects!
I have fought the great serpents to the north!
I know their wrath ! 🤣😎

Last edited by VidraXs,
Reactions: SadOrigami

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: