LED Pandora Battery with 4 glowing lights and Push to Activate button (Not working anymore)

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated above I have a Pandora battery with 4 glowing (or use to be glowing lights - when powered on) and a Push to Activate those lights and the Pandora mode. I haven't used it in a while and I have been trying to revive it. I've tried charging it inside a PSP to no avail. It just won't recognize that it's an actual battery when I plug it in. I was hoping someone could shed some light on the situation and maybe provide me with a fix. that would be fantastic! But if all else fails I will keep the Pandora battery as a fond memory of a time when I use it to downgrade my machines. Let it be known I don't need to downgrade any of my PSPs I just want the Pandora to work again just in case I ever need it again. Thanks, here's to hoping someone can help me.

Kitsu-neechan

Coffee makes your kokoro go doki doki
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
pandora batteries, atleast the typical ones are just clones of the official service battery and will not charge as they are.
the only way to charge a service battery is to insert it into a running psp that's plugged to the charger (so it doesnt shut down when you remove the normal battery.)

aside that, i used an external power supply to charge mine but not everyone has one of those.

cant say if thats your case, im not familiar with the fancy ones with buttons and extra leds but yeah.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey hey, long time no talk @Kitsu-neechan ! (wink wink) I have an external power charger but it doesn't recognize it either. I plug it in with the battery plugged in and the led turns solid green. Someone suggested I open her up and unsolder the celle and solder a new cell. He said, "To this day, the beautiful battery still works."

Kitsu-neechan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
desoldering the cell is certainly an option, albeit a bit drastic considering its probably just empty for not being used.

i dunno about extrenal chargers for psp batteries but i'd assume they dont perform any better than the psp itself does in this matter.
what i use is an adjustable power supply you can use for feeding power into anything, someething like this
71iVJXb6pRL._SL1500_.jpg

such things can be used for "kickstarting" a completely empty battery into getting enough juice that it will once again charge with its normal chargers. something i used to do a lot for phone batteries back in the day.

Kitsu-neechan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
nope, you can just stick the leads into the battery pins to feed it just like a normal charged would do.
just make sure to not set the current too high and fry the thing :P
thats not exactly a proper way to charge things, but a lot of dead batteries are just so dead they wont move anywhere with normal chargers,
so a slight overcharge wakes them up just nice.

RealYoti

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Desolder the cell and try to charge it using any external LiPo charger. If it's dead, replace with the new one.

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I totally agree, it's just a reminder.
First gen OEM batteries are hard to find, so modding one is not a good option either.
Are jigkick batteries still available to purchase in 2022 ?

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can always use my PSP PHAT Battery to unbrick if necessary PSPTool is such an interesting application thank god for having more than just one PSP lol. I look for the jigkick batteries I can't find them at least not the LED ones (should have kept better care of the one I...HAD :( makes me sad that I have to get rid of it but I want no flames and no offense to @Kitsu-neechan I just can't be burning down my apartment building after I just moved in! lol @lincruste thanks for opening my eyes a little more I appreciate it.

Kitsu-neechan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
well, its just one way, but yeah, i probably wouldn't buy a PSU just for one battery either.
i just threw it out there as it is a fairly valid way to revive empty cells.

(obviously, you're not supposed to charge the battery with it anyway. you just give it a 30 second shock with a slightly higher amperage than it normally takes to wake it up, in a lot of cases they charge just fine afterwards.)

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kitsu-neechan I hear where you're coming from but I don't do ANY mods that fall outside of SOFTMODS lol I'm too much of a wimp. I feel like I'd fail HARD. I do thank you for contributing your thoughts and methods to the thread though as I did ask. And I sure did receive! I have another question coming next week about a popular 5.00M33 RECOVERY program *hint hint* maybe you'll be able to solve that issue? I'll end the thread here, with these words:
People if you're LED Pandora batteries have gone dead and won't turn on anymore either:
A) DO what @Kitsu-neechan says and buy a PSU or w/e they're called and shock it back to life (if you know what you're doing)
or
B) Use a Battery from a PSP 1000 and convert it using PSPTool with another hacked PSP and flash a CFW with a Magic Memory stick preloaded with your favorite firmware. Things will go much easier if you have all of what's mentioned in this step.
Thread ended. But STILL open to all who have other suggestions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii