Leaked GoldenEye 007 achievement list hint at possible new port

GoldenEye007box.jpg

GoldenEye 007 on the Nintendo 64 is one of the most popular shooters of its day, and remains one of the most popular games on the N64. Unfortunately, it's always been trapped on that console as the numerous rights issues surrounding it have made it difficult to re-release. It was developed by Rare, who are now owned by Microsoft, but was published by Nintendo. It also stars the literary character James Bond, and is based on a specific movie, meaning it uses the likenesses of the actors in those movies. A remaster was planned back in 2008, but was never released due to issues regarding licenses. “Microsoft, Nintendo and EON [owners of the Bond license] could never agree on terms, and that’s before you even start to consider getting all the original movie actors to agree to have their likenesses used again," said composer Grant Kirkhope when news of the remaster came to light last year.

However, it's looking as if those issues may have been worked out, as a new listing on TrueAchievements.com, which scrapes Microsoft's servers for achievements, has been put up for GoldenEye 007 on the Xbox. While no official word has come yet, this indicates a strong possibility that the re-release could be coming soon, especially with Microsoft and Nintendo working together more closely in recent years.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there will be cross play between Switch and Xbox?

I'd personally prefer Perfect Dark on PC, without an emulator. :/

Reactions: guisadop

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
39b55a922b620578a9b52cb8a58a7961.jpg

You're welcome

Also, wonder if this is gonna be better than the emulator modded version that lets you play using keyboard and mouse, eh
And Nintendo doesn't need to port it, they could just use the amazing emulator they have for their NSO :rofl2:
You know that's the trigger finger, amirite?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
39b55a922b620578a9b52cb8a58a7961.jpg

You're welcome

Also, wonder if this is gonna be better than the emulator modded version that lets you play using keyboard and mouse, eh
And Nintendo doesn't need to port it, they could just use the amazing emulator they have for their NSO :rofl2:
Or just recompile Rare's N64 source code.

Reactions: Aerocool

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.. I hope this receives well enough to incentivize Rare/MS to both port their other titles and to work on their sequels/or new games.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
That it is coming to xbox is a given, it coming to NSO (Nintendo Switch Online), well while hopeful is still up to mostly Microsoft ... but with how the relations between them and Nintendo have been ... I have some hope for that to happen as well :)
I hope not, Goldeneye is horrible to emulate so the remaster would be a better choice seeing as you can just swap back to n64 graphics anyway

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it looks like this will just be the old version, not the leaked remaster that we seen while back. Too bad though because the leaked remaster is alot better imo.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still wonder how the licensing was sorted out if this is coming out. Always seems to be "Nintendo saying no" in the past or EON having the final say and they just don't want this.

My guess is that there's going to be a long period of 007 drought with no news of a new James Bond movie in development anytime soon or that new Bond game from IO is stuck in a catch 22 where it can't develop the game without knowing who the new Bond will be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up