Hacking Launching Skyrim freezes whole switch.

Niterus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I recently redownloaded Skyrim via HGBshop and unfortunately, it's stuck infinitely displaying the switch splash-screen with joycons in the lower right corner. Cannot quit to home using the home button - console hangs on a black screen. The only way to get the switch working again is hard reset by holding the power button and resetting everything. I'm running the latest SXOS and Nintendo Switch firmware.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I recently redownloaded Skyrim via HGBshop and unfortunately, it's stuck infinitely displaying the switch splash-screen with joycons in the lower right corner. Cannot quit to home using the home button - console hangs on a black screen. The only way to get the switch working again is hard reset by holding the power button and resetting everything. I'm running the latest SXOS and Nintendo Switch firmware.
Your SD Card is a knock off.

Niterus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your SD Card is a knock off.
I have no reason to think that - firstly this is the only game that does that. Secondly, I have purchased the card from one of the major retailers in my country and paid full price for it. It's a SanDisk Ultra 400GB Micro SDXC UHS-I Card

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bethesda considers that a 'feature' in most of their games. : D

Seriously though, Have you tried a copy from another source to make sure that it isn't a messed up copy that was downloaded? Also, you are running a clean copy and aren't trying to load mods right away? I had an issue once with a Skyrim mod for Switch that gave me a freeze similar to what you are describing.

eyeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have no reason to think that - firstly this is the only game that does that. Secondly, I have purchased the card from one of the major retailers in my country and paid full price for it. It's a SanDisk Ultra 400GB Micro SDXC UHS-I Card
Get it from another source, then.
What Athmosphere modules are you running?
Disable them one by one to to see if one of them is messing with the game and find the culprit.

Niterus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Get it from another source, then.
What Atmosphere modules are you running?
Disable them one by one to see if one of them is messing with the game and find the culprit.
I'm running SXOS, no atmosphere modules at all. Downloaded games from different sources. None works. What's worse, I tried to launch the game from friend's physical cart and I get the same results. I also deleted all the save files and tried again. Same result.

eyeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm running SXOS, no atmosphere modules at all. Downloaded games from different sources. None works. What's worse, I tried to launch the game from friend's physical cart and I get the same results. I also deleted all the save files and tried again. Same result.
There might be a ticket that needs to be uninstalled. Use Tinfoil or something. There's a topic around here that explains further.

Besides that, I cannot help you, unless a willing and sincere hug helps.

Does it?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive just noticed the same issue, no my sd card is not a knock off and my game is what i already had stored and used to work.

only difference is that i have since updated to latest nintendo firmware and sx os.

when i try boot it will stick on the switch logo and forced to power down, when the power options come up im unable to select power or reset so have to hold power until it shuts down.

Niterus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ive just noticed the same issue, no my sd card is not a knock off and my game is what i already had stored and used to work.

only difference is that i have since updated to latest nintendo firmware and sx os.

when i try boot it will stick on the switch logo and forced to power down, when the power options come up im unable to select power or reset so have to hold power until it shuts down.

I have exactly the same problem as you. The only thing I managed to do is to buy a physical copy of Skyrim and run it without the SXOS.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
My Skyrim .xci was crashing my switch at startup with TXOS among other games.

I noticed it happened only for games with updates installed. I deleted the updates and used Tinfoil to reinstall them and the games all worked that used to crash. Including Skyrim. Possible fix for you?

sslmm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can´t run the game without the update, it always ask me to download the update. How do you skip that?

sslmm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Never been able to fix it. Ended up playing an official cart on official firmware,
That's a shame :/ I've got the official cart but played a lot of the game on my older switch (on atmos) and don't want to start it over again...oh well, waiting for atmosphere suport for my switch lite then. Thanks for replying

sslmm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well i finally managed to start and play skyrim (and mario odyssey btw) on SX OS on my switch lite. I had to remove all the Tesla Overlays and it finally worked

RaynorBlackwood

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Guys, i have the exact same issue, during switch joy con splash screen, my switch just got error screen and i need to reboot. I download from 3 different sources, but nothing works, launching without update isnt possible, so i tried 3 different sources even for the update and no solution. And i want to play it on switch so bad, i got skyrim (3 different versions) 3 times just for PC, its my all time rpg!
Is there no one who could help?
I tried DBI, Awoo Installer, Atmo XL Installer, Goldleaf and Tinfoil. Nothing helped.
My switch is playing over 78 Games atm, without any problem, except Diablo 2, but i could fix it..

RaynorBlackwood

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
This came up after splash screen

Attachments

• DSC_0040~02.jpg
    DSC_0040~02.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.