1. Niterus

OP Niterus Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I recently redownloaded Skyrim via HGBshop and unfortunately, it's stuck infinitely displaying the switch splash-screen with joycons in the lower right corner. Cannot quit to home using the home button - console hangs on a black screen. The only way to get the switch working again is hard reset by holding the power button and resetting everything. I'm running the latest SXOS and Nintendo Switch firmware.

2. squee666
    This message by squee666 has been removed from public view by shaunj66, Sep 7, 2020, Reason: At request of Nintendo.
    Sep 1, 2020
  3. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Your SD Card is a knock off.

4. Niterus

OP Niterus Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I have no reason to think that - firstly this is the only game that does that. Secondly, I have purchased the card from one of the major retailers in my country and paid full price for it. It's a SanDisk Ultra 400GB Micro SDXC UHS-I Card

5. SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob NOT a New Member

United States
    Bethesda considers that a 'feature' in most of their games. : D

Seriously though, Have you tried a copy from another source to make sure that it isn't a messed up copy that was downloaded? Also, you are running a clean copy and aren't trying to load mods right away? I had an issue once with a Skyrim mod for Switch that gave me a freeze similar to what you are describing.

6. eyeliner

Portugal
    Get it from another source, then.
    What Athmosphere modules are you running?
    Disable them one by one to to see if one of them is messing with the game and find the culprit.

7. Niterus

OP Niterus Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I'm running SXOS, no atmosphere modules at all. Downloaded games from different sources. None works. What's worse, I tried to launch the game from friend's physical cart and I get the same results. I also deleted all the save files and tried again. Same result.

8. eyeliner

Portugal
    There might be a ticket that needs to be uninstalled. Use Tinfoil or something. There's a topic around here that explains further.

Besides that, I cannot help you, unless a willing and sincere hug helps.

Does it?

9. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    ive just noticed the same issue, no my sd card is not a knock off and my game is what i already had stored and used to work.

only difference is that i have since updated to latest nintendo firmware and sx os.

when i try boot it will stick on the switch logo and forced to power down, when the power options come up im unable to select power or reset so have to hold power until it shuts down.

10. Niterus

OP Niterus Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I have exactly the same problem as you. The only thing I managed to do is to buy a physical copy of Skyrim and run it without the SXOS.

11. sslmm

sslmm Newbie
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Same boat as you guys. Did anyone found a fix for this?

12. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

My Skyrim .xci was crashing my switch at startup with TXOS among other games.

I noticed it happened only for games with updates installed. I deleted the updates and used Tinfoil to reinstall them and the games all worked that used to crash. Including Skyrim. Possible fix for you?

13. sslmm

sslmm Newbie
    Newcomer

Portugal
    I can´t run the game without the update, it always ask me to download the update. How do you skip that?

14. Niterus

OP Niterus Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Never been able to fix it. Ended up playing an official cart on official firmware,

15. sslmm

sslmm Newbie
    Newcomer

Portugal
    That's a shame :/ I've got the official cart but played a lot of the game on my older switch (on atmos) and don't want to start it over again...oh well, waiting for atmosphere suport for my switch lite then. Thanks for replying

16. sslmm

sslmm Newbie
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Well i finally managed to start and play skyrim (and mario odyssey btw) on SX OS on my switch lite. I had to remove all the Tesla Overlays and it finally worked

17. aarstar

aarstar Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Triplayer did this to my switch. Had to remove it to play some of my games.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Launching, freezes, Skyrim