Hacking Launcher compatibility list

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since none of you seem to want to help im doing this all on my own... thanks assholes back to testing byes

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please omit the "Gecko".

Also, what the fuck? The PAL list already has a column for Launcher compatibility. The are already so many compatibility threads, do we really need another?

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
^^I've already made a local GBAtemp Wiki page for this that's been stripped of branding etc. Might save you from starting again? Wiki here

Otherwise looks good.

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.. I'm sorry if you don't like it Meowayne.. But its the way its happening and i need one for the wiki and don't want to leech off of other wikis..

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
|-
|Trauma Center: New Blood
|style="background: Green;"|YES
|No issues but long loading times! No need to patch it with WiiFrii
|YES
|Games ntsc wiis pal
|}

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zsakul, this is not about me "liking" anything or not. You're missing the point of a wiki project, which is everybody participating in creating something useful. We now have five(!) different Wikis, the gbatemp Launcher one, and the four on Maschell's page. This is awful! This is unneeded! The entirety of the compatibility should be discussed in one single thread, and the lists have to be as usable as possible. Nobody wants to make entries in three different lists, and nobody wants to look them up.
Take a look at the PAL compatibility list I created: There already are columns for backup launcher compatibility. An extra List for PAL/Launcher is completely unnecessary and only confusing for people who visit the site. The main page is a mess, with dozens of links all named "here".
I would like to improve the tutorials or the user interface, but you guys lock the sites - Why then make a Wiki? Also you still use the term "Gecko", when the creator of Gecko OS has repeatedly and explicitly said that he wants his name and the name of his program removed from the backup launchers.

I appreciate the work you do and the enthusiasm you show, especially considering that (as I remember) you're quite young. But nobody "owns" a Wiki project, and you should be open for suggestions and improvement.

The goal is to create two easily usable and understandable Wiki pages, one for PAL, and one for NTSC, the NTSC being the more complicated one because of the color issues. Instead of creating pages and threads en masse, I suggest you and Dylaan make one single NTSC-related compatibility page on Maschell's wiki, because it has made the rounds on the internet and many people are using this right now. The PAL list is already designed in a uniform way, with easily accessible information on both loaders, and people need only to make their entries. The NTSC pages need work and unification. All this could be more fun than it is atm.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I follow what Meowayne is saying, and I was gonna suggest as well, that Dylaan, if you want to colaborate on the maschell page, your help would be appreciated, and at some point it may be a place that you feel comfortable redirecting people there.
we have a lot of info already in place, the site gets cleaner for the most part on a daily basis, and so thats just a thought.

http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index.php/Main_Page

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. I do what i thinks best for the users
wink.gif

danielou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
|-
|Sonic and the secret ring
|style="background: red;"|NO
|Freeze in loading screen
|YES
|GAME PAL WII PAL
|}

Tested with the 2 loaders

Patch62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've asked this 2 times today maybe you guys can help me. I backed up my original Wii Sports NTSC and played every game on the new loader and the old one, every game works except for Boxing, i am wondering if any one else has this problem and no one has put it up on the wiki, any help would be appreciated. Ntsc system and Ntsc game.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
lol @ the original post edit. You guys scared him off. I think the wiki page over there is better than the one here at gbatemp. At least that wiki's info on game compatibility actually matches up with the problems I've run into unlike the one here telling me that a game works fine. Only criticism I have is that the URL is very dirty looking.. I'd recommend changing "mediawiki-1.6.10" to just "wiki" or something.
smile.gif

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerxer said:
I think the wiki page over there is better than the one here at gbatemp. At least that wiki's info on game compatibility actually matches up with the problems I've run into unlike the one here telling me that a game works fine.

Do you not understand that a Wiki can be edited by everyone? If you see something wrong with the GBAtemp one WHY HAVEN'T YOU FIXED IT?

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
ciper said:
Zerxer said:
I think the wiki page over there is better than the one here at gbatemp. At least that wiki's info on game compatibility actually matches up with the problems I've run into unlike the one here telling me that a game works fine.

Do you not understand that a Wiki can be edited by everyone? If you see something wrong with the GBAtemp one WHY HAVEN'T YOU FIXED IT?
Because I don't like editing other people's work, though I did actually fix it the other day when someone forgot to put the closing |} on the U section and it completely broke the page by putting the rest of the letters on the right side of the U section. Besides, I got the game to work now so that last post is moot.
grog.gif

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerxer said:
Because I don't like editing other people's work, though I did actually fix it the other day when someone forgot to put the closing |} on the U section and it completely broke the page by putting the rest of the letters on the right side of the U section. Besides, I got the game to work now so that last post is moot.
grog.gif
I still think you don't get the point of a Wiki. No one owns the page because it's meant to by dynamic and changeable by everyone. The goal is to have the most number of knowledgeable people look at the page and make any little change no manner how minor it is until it is eventually perfect.

Whtrvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i prefer the wiki here as well. all on one page. no need for the first loader as it is seriously flawed (For NTSC Users anyways). and just as a reminder, if you are wondering about a game that is not on the list, just put it on (with no color), ppl will tend to test games if they are reminded that noone has added them.
something like...

|style="background: ;"| Needs Testing

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zsakul2 said:
Since none of you seem to want to help im doing this all on my own... thanks assholes back to testing byes

I was helping on your wiki, and when the original loader came out a couple of my editions would get removed for no rhyme or reason. But what really pissed me off is when the newer loader came out I tested about 8 games and put all the information on the wiki, went back later that day and all my work was erased. Sorry but I'm done with yours, sticking with the local one.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha oh wow.
I'm sorry but this drama is great.

Seriously though, we already have at least 3 computability threads and more than 2 wiki's, I think that's enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up