Source (GoNintendo)

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sorry, but IMO, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix does not deserve an 8. That's just too high for a game that, IMO, broke almost everything that was not broken in Challenge of the Warlords.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Joey Ravn said:
I'm sorry, but IMO, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix does not deserve an 8. That's just too high for a game that, IMO, broke almost everything that was not broken in Challenge of the Warlords.

Yeah, I agree, Galactrix does not deserve an 8.0. Not as good as Warlords and the touch screen was just BAD.

And it looks like FF: CC is going to be just mediocre, expected but may have wished for more.....

Wait Suikoden just gets 7.0 and Tokyo Beat Down just 6.0? I was looking forward very much to play them, but still Suikoden has a good score nonetheless.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hurray for Madworld, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. and Avalon Code!

I'm disappointed in Lux Pain, and Tokyo Beat Down.

And Puzzle Quest: Galactrix 8? HAHAHAHAHAHA...thats crazy.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I've played FFCC Echoes of Times in Japanese. I can assure you it's quite a good game. It's one of the BEST multiplayer co op DS games. It has full wifi support too, and up to 4 people can play through the regular story. I played a bit with my friends Mr Fatso and Vistabuser and I can assure you it was an awesome experience. Teamwork is just great in the game. I'd say it's pretty close to Phantasy Star 0 except less repetitive.

So don't listen to NP there.

And then Suikoden. It got a 34/40 from Famitsu. They are far better reviewers than a biased Nintendo magazine. It even beat out Tales of Heart's 33/40. So I'm pretty sure it's a worthwhile RPG.

The only review I really agree with is Avalon Code. It probably will get looked past and forgotten sadly, but maybe not since NP gave it a decent score. It's got a really innovative touch mechanic involving scanning people and things and literally altering their "codes". It's made by Matrix who did the FF 3 and 4 remakes on DS. It uses an even further improved graphics engine too from those games. I highly recommend it.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Rayder said:
What did Nintendo Power NOT like about Tokyo Beat Down to give it a 6?

The trailer didnt look that good at all so i wouldn't be suprised if it was only that. It looks even less complex than extremely old beat em ups like Streets of Rage.

Granville i dunno why you say you can agree or disagree on reviews of games you've not even played. And saying Famitsu is a good review.. why just cause they are a Japanese magazine? They are notorious for controversial scores, i remember Sonic on 360/PS3 had a good score (probably paid off) and many others.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I HAVE played the games I went into detail about. They are all out in Japan. The only one I didn't play was Suikoden, and I held off on an opinion as you could see. Famitsu is usually pretty reliable generally. I played both the FF game and Avalon Code in Japanese, so I have a good feel of the gameplay. I nearly beat FF with Vistabuser in multiplayer. It's quite good when played in co op.

As for the flames you said to me on IRC, I'll keep it quiet since it's not here or now. I suggest in the future you don't assume someone hasn't played a game when they have.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
And then Suikoden. It got a 34/40 from Famitsu. They are far better reviewers than a biased Nintendo magazine. It even beat out Tales of Heart's 33/40. So I'm pretty sure it's a worthwhile RPG.
Famitsu are biased too, nearly every Nintendo published game gets 30+. No need to get pissed over these scores people, NP never usually get it right anyway.

I've not played much of the DS version of Galactrix as it made me feel like my touchscreen was screwy but the PC version is much much better. For me its improved over the original, just a shame the DS port seems so quickly made.

Nice to see Henry Hatsworth get a 8 but I reckon it'll get scored higher elsewhere.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bollocks said:
famitsu is not a trustworthy source for review scores. at all. seriously. ignore it.

Actually I find that I usually agree with Famitsu's review scores. I know a lot of people say they shouldn't be trusted for giving perfect scores for Nintendogs, and FF XII. Which, I totally agree they deserve those scores for being great games. I don't see why they shouldn't be trusted though as they usually have good judgement for good games. Heck, they even love the western games like Fallout 3, giving it 38/40. The recent FF CC review is actually the lowest rated FF game they have reviewed yet.
If anything, they are the longest running game magazine, and should be respected for that reason alone. Well, to each their own.

Personally I miss the old NP, and the amount of care that was put into each issue. I just bought my first issue in 10 years a day ago, and it isn't even close top being as good. Not bad though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.