Homebrew Latest emulator and libogc with 3rd party classic controller

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
really sorry , i'll recompiled beta 1.1 as soon i have time

but latest change in svn are made on april 16 ... they update an old version ?!?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
they are working on a private repository to avoid leaks, the SVN updates you see are probaly reflecting changes that happened between 1.0 and 1.1. Remember SVN is originally a way to easily maintain your code modifications...

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Portlibs folder has been updated with new libs use by mplayer and Wiimc and maybe some other homebrew

- Fribidi
- Libiconv
- Libntfs
- Opencore-ARM
- OpenJpeg

Wiimc has been add to Apps Section in the first post

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For people with Deal Extreme and other controller who don't work with Tantric or Henkp fix, i've found this, maybe you could give it a try. I don't have a 3rd party controller i couldn't test it myself i compiled with the fix for almost any controller but seem some need more config

ic3guy
Re: Snes9x 4.0.7 Classic Controller Issue

I figured out a solution for 3rd party classic controller problems. I am sure that the authors of libogc and wiiuse know how to fix it, but like it has been said many times in many places, to support x amount of versions of hardware would be a waste of time. Here is how you can do it on your own if you want. You need to have devkitpro and have the ability to build libogc.

There are two issues at hand. The 3rd party classic controller is not sending the correct "encrypted expansion id code" and also it does not send the proper calibration data. The 3rd party classic controller I got, worked fine in regular games but not in homebrew.

The first thing is to find the correct encrypted expansion id code.

In io.c (of wiiuse) in the function wiiuse_handshake_expansion add the following code above switch(id) in case 3.

printf("WIIUSE EXP_ID: %x\n",id);

Compile libogc. Then compile the devkitpro wii template example. ie: "Hello World". You can follow the codemii tutorial 2. Load up the template example on the wii. It should say "Hello World". Plug your third party classic controller into the wiimote. The id code should pop up. For my controller it was 98999900.

Now, go into wiiuse_internal.h and modify #define EXP_ID_CODE_CLASSIC_CONTROLLER 0x... and put the code that you just got in the last step.

Go into classic.c and remove the WIIUSE_DEBUG("Classic.. to return 0; part (this step has been mentioned on other sites as a fix, but I also had to modify my id code).

Now compile libogc again and compile any piece of homebrew that supports the classic controller and you should be all set. Note that if you do these modifications an official classic controller will now not work.

OuKKaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
That's the solution i tried but it doesn't give me te ID of the classic controller it just says ID=0, at first i thought i did something wrong in the process but it shows the id of the nunchuk correctly. I really hope someone can solve this problem.

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seem that the deal extreme Controller ID is id a4002100 it work for many people you should try it and report back please

more info here See jcarloz post

If it work i'll try to add compile version with this id

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL

snes9xgx ... what could it be ???
Fceugx = nes
Vbagx = game boy
Wii64 ... i really don't know
wink.gif

pcsx = playstation 1
genplus = genesis
smsplus = sega master system
desmumewii = Nintendo DS

Wiimc = Wii Media Center

OuKKaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
A few weeks ago i compiled a hello world to get the id via a modification in the io.c, and i always got as the ID the number 0, at first i thought i compiled it wrong, but now i use yours and it still gives me ID=0. The controller works perfectly in VC and WIIWARE. Anyone have a clue?

PS: Sorry for my english.

OuKKaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
matguitarist said:
Did you try jcarloz one compiled for a deal extreme ( link )

I really don't understand why you always get 0 for ID ... i'll continu looking for a fix.

Yes i've tried that one, but with no results. The controller i have is an imitation of the classic controller pro, specifically this one http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32488

Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...