LastPass suffered a security breach in August 2022

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
yea same, but whos to say bitwarden isn't next... in the end you can never really trust having your passwords on someone elses servers.

You are right, they could very well be the next provider that gets breached, that is the nature of storing data in the cloud. That being said I'd rather put my faith into a company that has good ethics, has been security audited and has open sourced their code rather than a company that has an extremely bad track record with multiple security flaws plaguing each and every one of their various programs (I'm aware that LP is now separate from LogMeIn but I still wouldn't trust them).

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are right, they could very well be the next provider that gets breached, that is the nature of storing data in the cloud. That being said I'd rather put my faith into a company that has good ethics, has been security audited and has open sourced their code rather than a company that has an extremely bad track record with multiple security flaws plaguing each and every one of their various programs (I'm aware that LP is now separate from LogMeIn but I still wouldn't trust them).
yea, i follow the same logic. for now at least...

will probably switch to something like KeePass soon, or self host a bitwarden instance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.