Last Seen Movie

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What better thing to chase a vampire film than a werewolf one. In this case the oldest surviving one apparently.

Wolf Blood 1925
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0016545/
and seen as 1925 is out of copyright as of this year ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-in-the-public-domain-for-2021.580143/ ) then linky
https://www.bitchute.com/video/T2a8pggTDhqk/

Seems The Revenant is not going to be the only film I see in this period wherein the scenery is better than the plot.
It is what most people probably imagine when they think silent era film (even if some would say it was old even then) and the werewolf aspects are rather light too (it is almost done before that element kicks in). Still I found some enjoyment from it, not just as a historical exercise either, and now have entry for "oldest thing I have seen/read/whatever with a love triangle involving a werewolf" (and definitely better than Twilight, this is also a better advert for running around North American/Canadian woods than that). Some of the fight scenes... actually pretty passable and better than what I often see on TV and film today which was a bit of a shock.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
images

True Story.
Cool Story bro.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
images

AVOID THIS.
ALTHOUGH NOSTALGIA FOR THE FIRST MOVIE IS STRONG, IT AIN'T WORTH NOT EVEN 15 MINUTES OF THIS ONE.
You have to be really masochist to actually last more than 10 minutes or have really dumb children to justify watching this.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
In theaters: Sonic The Hedgehog, as it has been the only movie to come out in 2020 before the lockdowns closed my local theaters. They haven't opened in almost a year, so that's the last movie I saw in a theater.

As far as streaming/downloading goes, I watched RUN (2020) via uTorrent, and Wonder Woman 1984, also via uTorrent. (If they won't open the theaters, then fuck 'em, I'll find a free way to watch shit.)

My state opened restaurants, but not theaters... go figure. :rolleyes:

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was either Submarine (2010) or Scott Pilgrim vs. The World; me and my girlfriend love rewatching them together, they have the perfect vibe for us to just die of laughter to whenever we revisit them. We'll say things like "oh my god he's about to do that thing" and the other will say "not the thing!!!" and the thing will happen and we'll just laugh our asses off

Good movies, high recommends

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Mechanic 1972.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068931/

I had seen the later remake because Jason Statham and was not impressed (though I am told the remake's sequel was better). Decided to see this because... once more I have to show my lack of film watching history in noting that I had never actually really seen the Death Wish series and thus generally unfamiliar with Charles Bronson.
Very much a late 60s and 70s action film. Has to spell out a few things probably obvious today (not as bad as some "audience is as dumb as a box of rocks" 70s editing/screenwriting but enough that I note it) and somewhat spoiled by the remake (though not as bad as some things here).
Had a great time though.
General premise. Master hitman (the happy accident/leave no trace type rather than guns blazing type) of advancing years working for a syndicate takes on an apprentice*. Some wonderfully executed (pun, not pun, viewer decides) hits, some solid action** that would possibly even hold up today, nice locations, and just all rather nicely done as a film. Definitely see this version over the remake if you have never seen either, and actually I would do this even you have seen the remake.

*if I have to say all is not what it seems then... yeah.

**guy is practically a sniper with a pistol earlier and misses the arguably easier shots at the end? Would not even have taken much changing of setup.

Now probably one of the older "would have made a better TV series" entries in my list of things there -- give me say 16 episodes done somewhat in the style of this meets Burn Notice... but we live in this timeline I guess.

Reactions: Alexander1970

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
a5gPkRzBZNMVLhxoy255sCErZ4B.jpg

Not impressed, even though Rosamund Pike has been on my Waifu's list since I first saw her abour 20 years ago.
I... uh... well... if I'm able to predict the whole movie, of course I'm not going to like it.
Unfortunately, it's one of those.
Also, FUCK EIZA GONZALEZ! :gun:
images

Last edited by JuanMena,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Little Things
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10016180/
Mainly just wanted to see a film with 2021 in the year to say I did. Got a pretty competent little detective film, which is not something I expect to see these days -- TV detective shows where you can get to know a character over 20+ cases, or 6 really solid ones or 6 hours of just one, have almost ruined that one for me (never mind The Wire, The Shield or something like that I can probably name you 10 better takes on this sort of plot in any number of lesser crime shows). Actors are... yeah you see the names and know they do good work. "The little things" premise can be done well but was almost forgotten outside of a few throwaway lines. The 90s setting was OK I guess but not something it really did much with or other attempted to lean into other than mobile phones not really being a thing and some of the cars.

Greenland
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7737786/
An utterly by the numbers disaster film. I can't fault it and have seen worse, especially those going for PG-13, but at least worse comes with some cheese to smirk at.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...