Hardware Laptop under $500

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I graphics card on that is integrated. Idk if it would run WoW very well, even on low settings.
The info from that page says it comes with 1GB ram, and the max supported is 2GB... that's really bad (It should be 4GB). Especially when it's running Vista + integrated graphics, which uses on board ram and the cpu does the graphics processing as well. So it'll be very slow in games.

I don't think you can find a laptop below $500 with decent graphics processing. You should spend a little more.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well he says he's gonna put xp on it, so it should run decently.

@op: what do u mean by 500? usd? if you spent just a few hundred more, you could get a much better laptop. or hell, wait for the "recession" to kick in, and prices should go falling down.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834115543

Before you bash the intergrated graphics, look at this.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphic...MHD.9883.0.html

It outperforms the one installed in the OP, and others the ATI Mobility FireGL V3200, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300, and NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200. Intel promises performance comparable to the 8400gs after better drivers are made.

Also has better CPU, more RAM, and bigger hard drive. Also wireless-n.

Also both the one I linked and the OP one will run WoW without issues... I mean a gma950 can run WoW.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never did bash it. All I wanted to say was that the configuration of Gore's suggested laptop wasn't sufficient enough, considering the max ram supported and integrated graphics. As I've said, it'll use on board ram and the cpu does the graphics processing. The 6100 is just too outdated so I suggested something more recent. Though the 8200m isn't the newest on the market.

Nvidia igp is better than Intel igp as well. the 9400m in the macbook has 5x more performance than the Intel igp. Considering that it can play a lot of games on medium-high settings.

Nvidia also combined it with the single-core Atom processor for netbooks, they call it the Nvidia Ion, and can play CoD4 on low, which is really good for netbooks; if it can do that, it can play WoW on at least medium. (Considering it's a netbook)

So I'm not bashing integrated cards. Just letting you know. Though this post was very long...and annoying.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... I meant the one I linked. Also the cpu doesn't do the graphics calculations...

Also the 4500mhd surpasses the 8200...

superkrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
check dell's twitter from time to time
and u may catch their 20 percent off deal on refurb laptops

possibly netting u a 15 inch dell studio laptop with ati 3450 for under 500

currently u can get one for about 600

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.