Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
So I bought this HP laptop a year ago. The laptop itself is working fine, however sometimes the wireless connection drops, and other times it even makes the whole router disconnect from the internet!
ohmy.gif
I have no idea what the problem is. It started acting like that just a couple of weeks after I bought it. I have searched for virus and stuff with Avast, but it didn't find anything. :S

It sometimes follow a weird pattern like this:

Internet is working fine >> Suddenly my laptop disconnects from router >> After I reconnect to the router everything works fine >> Internet works fine >> Suddenly the whole router disconnects from the internet :S

So I was hoping you guys could help me fix it
biggrin.gif
Is there a way to monitor it, should I use another Anti-Virus program to search...?
unsure.gif

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well reading your post I really doubt its a virus. A regular virus cant just access your router & disconnect it from the net as it will need to know the address , name & password & it's model to be able to disconnect it.
The laptop disconnecting can be caused by driver problems or something in the router firmware. The router suddenly disconnected might be a bug in your router firmware or something isp related. There is also a small chance someone got access to your network & is messing with you (only likely if you are using no security or wep & left the defualt info to access your router).Here are some questions that might help figure which is it.
Do you have another laptops around who suffer from the same thing?
Does the router disconnect even without anything to connected to it?
What is your router model?
When the router disconnect does it reconnect after a while or remain till you restart it?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
This kind of behaviour is what I'd expect if you were torrenting. If all you're doing is trying to surf the web, then there's probably a problem with your connection (either WiFi, or possibly WAN). It's also possible that your router is having problems (e.g. overheating or unstable power).

More information could help.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
Do you have another laptops around who suffer from the same thing? No.
Does the router disconnect even without anything to connected to it? No.
What is your router model? Linksys WAG160N
When the router disconnect does it reconnect after a while or remain till you restart it? It reconnects after awhile

I also use torrenting sometimes, but not so often. The router disconnects from the internet even if my torrent program is off. :/

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
got to device manager, under network adapters should be the model of the wireless card, go to the brands website and see if there any drivers from them.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, so I have updated my Wireless Network adapter as you guys suggested. My driver was at 8.0.0.172 and the newest was 9.0...somthing!
ohmy.gif
So I'm basically just testing it out now, but so far so good.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: So the laptop has been staying on for about 2-3 hours now without any disconnects.
tongue.gif
Thanks to all of you for helping me with this simple, but annoying problem
biggrin.gif

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well good for you. As I said in my first post driver issues can cause the disconnection but it shouldn't explain why the router was disconnecting from the internet but then again as long as everything is working fine it doesn't have to make sense
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: