Gaming Laptop battery is dead

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For serious, the damn thing only lasts 30 mins tops on minimal power settings with about 40 processes running and very low CPU usage and it originally lasted 3 hours when I got the computer 2 years ago. My computer is an Acer Aspire 5003 laptop, but unfortunately the extended warranty on my laptop does NOT cover the battery going kaput and it expires next May, however I don't think the computer will last that long anyway and it has already had the disc drive and HDD replaced. So whats the best way I can get a replacement (which is under the guarantee if they can't fix it) by making it look like it faulted out? I am obviously going to backup my data before I do anything, but since the computer is a piece of shit anyway, it needs to be replaced and I want a replacement before the warranty expires. So whats the best way of intentionally faulting out the computer and preventing it from running?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fischju said:
You won't be able to take it apart without them knowing, best to short the battery contacts
It was opened long before now, the new HDD and disc drive are evidence that it was tampered with.

How do you fault the battery contacts though?

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Check to see what your warranty covers. Extended warrantys can be pretty cool and cover something like a drink being spilled over the laptop, which could be enough to kill it. A drink then might possibly spill onto your laptop, and if you're particularly unlucky go in one of the cooling vents on the side/back
wink2.gif

You might also need to be careful that you don't drop it down some stairs
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn