Hacking Language files for Usb Loader GX

T

TheRealVisitor

@atlanx: I guess you are allowed to upload a better version of the language file too. ;-)
Some of these terms are in that file for ages now.

Your suggestions are in the new German r1130 file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?7a28p96bxph90pv

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course everyone can post an updated/fixed version, but try to not change everything so prevent conflicted versions.
In case of problem just ask to the current translator, like you did.

and if you don't understand something, just ask, I'll tell you where it's used and what it refer to.

About the "Debugger Paused Start" :
It should be "Start Debugger Paused", it's an option used when you enable the debugger (WiiRd) to start the game in "Pause" mode, so it's waiting for a user input on the computer side to "resume" the game.

The debugger can pause/resume the game anytime. this option is useful to analyze the game's memory on boot.

T

TheRealVisitor

German for r1137

http://www.mediafire.com/?kfz16egk6hh4or8

Any reason why last files not got posted to SVN?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No reason.
We just don't update the files on every changes from the beta releases.

We were working on the new menu for Wii/channel/Nand selection, so some of the text entries would be removed anyway.
But, it's just that we don't update them on all revisions, we think more about fixing and improving the feature, when we stop testing it's 23h... and submit the update for testers first.
We just don't "remember" to come here and add the translations. We just want to submit the current changes for the testers.

We will add the translations after working on the added features (which are now working fine, so expect an update of the translation files soon).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
French.lang for r1142
As always, if you have better ideas or shorter sentences, let me know.

I'll make a language update now.
Thanks again everyone.

Edit:

Dutch: you need to save it using "Ansi as UTF-8" or "UTF-8 Without BOM" option. Don't use "UTF-8".
German: line 263 had double ending quote. it worked fine when you tested it on your wii? It's not a big problem, I fixed it.

Edit2:
My compiler doesn't merge new entries in .lang files made for older revisions :unsure:
I'll see with Dimok, as I don't want to merge them by hand.

bovirus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@xFede
Please update the italian translation to 144.
Also if the string are equal to english plese mark it as revised (not fuzzy) to help future translation to recognize new string
Please for safe attach the file as archive (zip/rar/etc) and with the file inside as original file name (italian.lang)

@Cyan
The 1144 language file available in http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Languages/ is some steps back because for example don't contain the latest changes (1142) by xFede.Please update the file into SVN.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the sources myself on my computer and updated the missing entries.
But I had a problem on the update process for Dutch so I didn't post them on the svn yet, so of course they don't contain xFede changes (nor french, japanese, german or dutch either)

About your request : I prefer that xFede post them as italian.lang (not zipped)
It's easier for me, I just replace them in my language folder without the need to extract them one by one.

And I don't see where it could become not safe if it's not into an archive. download the file, and save it. It stay in UTF-8 without BOM unless your internet browser is bad and show the file instead of downloading it (but when posted on Mediafire it's never displayed, only downloaded).
All other translators post the .lang as text file.

Another thing I don't understand :
"mark it as revised (not fuzzy)"

How do you mark a translation as revised?
If you don't need to translate a string, just let it empty and it will use the english version.
It's "supposed" to be 100% translated, so if a string is empty it's on purpose, you only need to translate new added strings with newer revisions.
You can't add comments in the file, it will be deleted when I updated them.

At least, it's how I work when I update the french.lang file.

Edit:
If there's strings that a translator don't understand or need help from someone else to translate it, just ask in the post when you link to the file, so other translator/team member can update what's missing.

T

TheRealVisitor

German.lang for r1144

http://www.mediafire.com/?xileg5474fk1k9l

Fixed some old and new typos/errors.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dutch :
I think you used the wrong encoding, because I have bad letters, like :
old: ë
new: ë
Selecteer spel categorieën

old: Speel één maal
new: Speel één maal

I'll fix it because I think it's just an error and you didn't change them on purpose.

PS: this time my compiler made good language files, I'll update them today.

Edit:
Language files updated up to this post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it'll give ya time to practice anyway