Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sword414 said:
Geez why do all these threads turn into "zomg pirating is bad u r ruining video game industry"

Nobody's said anyone is ruining the industry; it still isn't a majority of people that use flashcarts, so overall I don't think that the piracy has that massive an impact on Nintendo's sales. Games like Pokemon, especially, still sell incredibly well.

But to answer your question, those kind of posts inevitably show up in threads like these because (eventually) the undeserved sense of entitlement those people who choose to pirate seem to have just starts to grate on other people's nerves. Fine, some people pirate... we all know it, and we expect it to happen. But pirating the game entitles you to nothing... not playing it on your flashcart the same day it comes out, or posting constantly complaining about how it isn't working yet, or anything else like that. If the problem is eventually fixed after waiting however long it takes... fine. But remember, when you pirate you're entitled to nothing. Being able to play the game at all, even months after release, is technically more than you're entitled to as a pirate. End of story.

user not found

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, piracy does have certain effects, especially on third party developers. The new Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney game for example will not be released in Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxemburg, simply because people here pirate so much.

As for the Pokewalker, seriously? Would you want to be seen wearing that thing? I'm a fan of the Pokemon games, but I'm not a Pokefreak, so I'll pass.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
user not found said:
As for the Pokewalker, seriously? Would you want to be seen wearing that thing? I'm a fan of the Pokemon games, but I'm not a Pokefreak, so I'll pass.
a lot of people in my school have their pokewalkers, some of them use it for track. and I would be proud to have it. if anything pokemon unites people. it sounds corny and stupid, but its true, thanks to pokemon, people who i wouldnt normally talk to i am now really good friends with, and if anything the pokewalker is a beacon calling out to those others too shy to say they still like pokemon. when someone sees someone else, they feel less shy since other people are doing it around their age.

Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
user not found said:
Actually, piracy does have certain effects, especially on third party developers. The new Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney game for example will not be released in Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxemburg, simply because people here pirate so much.

Bro, i am 24 i hang out with hot college girls all day, i carry my pokewalker with me like it was my best friend. I represent for my pokemon, i showed them how i can transfer stuff between the pokewalker and ds. Trust me their is nothing to be embarrassed about people don't even know it's for pokemon.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
user not found said:
Sorry, I'm a loyal R4 fan. I don't feel like upgrading for just one game. Besides, there are plausible alternatives, as shown in this topic.

QUOTE(user not found @ Mar 20 2010, 04:36 AM) who's going to buy something if they can get it for free? Why would you? To be "loyal" or "honest"? That's pretty, but the reality is a bit different.

I was thinking about this, and your statements from two different posts just don't compute. In one you claim to be a loyal R4 fan --- fair enough, however misguided --- and in the other you make the claim that loyalty isn't very realistic?

Is it only loyalty to a large company or brand that you're against... whereas loyalty to a defunct flashcart with no support is more palatable as you aren't supporting big business?

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ventrix said:
Bro, i am 24 i hang out with hot college girls all day, i carry my pokewalker with me like it was my best friend. I represent for my pokemon, i showed them how i can transfer stuff between the pokewalker and ds. Trust me their is nothing to be embarrassed about people don't even know it's for pokemon.
I admire you

scof

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
If I understood well, this patch is for the Japanese rom??

And if yes, will it work with my already Anti-piracy-Patched (J) rom?

user not found

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Read the context, I said buying something you can get for free out of loyalty is stupid. I'm loyal to the R4 because it allows me to play games on my DS for free.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
user not found said:
Read the context, I said buying something you can get for free out of loyalty is stupid. I'm loyal to the R4 because it allows me to play games on my DS for free.

Apparently not this game. Face it, Nintendo finally won. This translation thingy might work most of the way (or not), but it still won't be the official English version you're playing. Brand loyalty is fine up to a point, but loyalty to an inferior product when a replacement can be obtained relatively cheaply is just silly. When will people learn that you can't get everything in life for free, and that in no way are they entitled to do so? Pirates are now apparently unwilling to even spend the money necessary to be pirates, lol.

It's like actual pirates not wanting to splurge on bullets for their guns
rolleyes.gif

user not found

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't care if it's the japanese game or whatever, if it's english it's still perfectly playable, for free. Still beats buying a new card.

In life not everything is free, but whatever can be gotten for free, I'll sure as hell get. Don't start a guilt trip on me with that bullshit, I don't care about morals when it comes to stuff like that. There's enough morality heroes like you so that the companies won't go out of business.

It's not unwilling to spend money necessary to be pirates, it's like when pirates have to choose between the cheap old gun or the expensive new one. Which one do you think they'll pick?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
user not found said:
it's like when pirates have to choose between the cheap old gun or the expensive new one. Which one do you think they'll pick?

Hopefully the one that best accomplishes what they want to do with them... and if that goal is playing Pokemon Hg/Ss, it means coughing up $18 or so dollars (apparently the Acekard can be had for that price somewhere, though I haven't looked it up personally). You could always steal the money out of the nearest fountain, during the night.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
user not found said:
it's like when pirates have to choose between the cheap old gun or the expensive new one. Which one do you think they'll pick?

Hopefully the one that best accomplishes what they want to do with them... and if that goal is playing Pokemon Hg/Ss, it means coughing up $18 or so dollars (apparently the Acekard can be had for that price somewhere, though I haven't looked it up personally). You could always steal the money out of the nearest fountain, during the night.

dont forget the free bath you get from it

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait, Ryqib12 and your "friend" Rykin?
Sounds suspicious since you joined yesterday and the japanese version of hg/ss had a menu translation done by Raqib12 and Rykin.
Sounds to me like you're impersonating him. That could get you banned. Otherwise, great way to work around the ap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu