Lameboy DS 0.9

bardeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this is a gameboy emulator for the ds?

so we can just dl rom files just like .nds files and put them onto the microSD card?

Wrong!!! You acquire ROMs writing a letter to Nintendo and requesting access to their games. From there Nintendo having little concern over their intellectuals property should mail you an optical disc containing ROM dumps of all Game Boy games...
lecture.gif

Hehe.. lol
So RTC works on r4ds
yaynds.gif
?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
does all the games play in full screen, the goomba emu dosn't do this.

edit: yes the emu lets you play in full screen! well a zoom function anyway, it's pretty cool, yes there is a save feature for gameboy colour and gameboy games so that's cool, it's a shame that some games have a massive slowdown though.

it was very easy to setup, with goomba you have to compile a gba file and it has to be the correct size e.t.c with this one you can put all of them in one folder, quite cool.

i really hope there is support for saving in the future and i hope it goes further than goomba ever did, imo i thought the idea of having a emu via the DS engine would never work but it's proven that it can work.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
first of all, GREAT PROGRAM,
second of all, the suggestion of greenish color is good for me too,

question is, lameboy does save states via X button, but how to load them?

Raikou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know how to load save states as well, since Zelda: Oracles of Ages/Seasons can't be saved in game on VBA, and my VBA save states won't load.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
there is no save state in lameboy, when you save within the game, you have to press X so your in-game save will be written into your ROM. (or to resident your save into your ROM)

there is no save state in lameboy ATM.

_glook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.

However, I'm afraid I don't know how to locate the option. When I load up Lameboy, I'm greeted by a dos or unix type setup on the bottom screen, and touching it doesn't do anything for me. During game, I just get a bunch of debug messages and touching it still doesn't produce any results.

Although, this could all be because I'm using GnM. In that case, I hope that Cyclo gets in stock sometime in the foreseeable future
frown.gif

Gamefrk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to compress or trim GB/GBC ROM files that will work with lameboy? some are 32KB, but some are 1 or 2 MB.

EDIT: N/m, lameboy works with .zip files
smile.gif

_glook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got cycloDS and it's still not showing me the option of changing controls from A+B to B+Y. In fact, I don't get any sort of menu except for when I'm looking for roms to play. Does Lameboy simply not have that option yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1