Apple Laggy Jailbroken iPhone?

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the guide. I have an iPod Touch 4th gen. and it needs this a lot more than 512MB RAM iPhones. I'm squeezing all the RAM I could get and personally I've seen 10-20MB free-er after deleting some of the daemons. I've eschewed Winterboard from the very beginning so no problem with that. NCSettings seems really nifty, but I do like the choices SBSettings has, so I'm sticking with it. With my iPad 3rd gen, I haven't touched anything but I'll probably take a look too.

Also, contrary to what most people think about jailbreaking, it isn't just for piracy. I buy 90% of my apps and don't even play the few I pirated much. Jailbreaking really just unlocks iOS devices, brings a myriad of deeper-than-normal-app-level functions and makes it easier to navigate around the OS the way I like it. Things like Activator, SBSettings, Zephyr, and Quasar(for iPad) really brings out more usability. You also don't need to update the moment it comes out; chances are your current jailbroken setup is miles ahead of what Apple has to offer in their next software update. Eventually an updated jailbreak will come out, and it's about as simple as a jailed update, with just a couple more steps.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucifer, zygie: Thanks guys. I use a ton of jailbreaks myself so im ALWAYS getting bogged down. But after a bunch of these i can get away with longer times between resprings.

I wish i could get away from winterboard, but there are things i cant leave.

And leave Amberlamsps alone. Im not sure what his deal is, but... Everyone who frequents the 'temp understands why we do what we do.

mondegreene

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Disabling the wallpaper might help as well, and tweaking a few things with Springtomizer (Changing animation speed, gray scale icons, etc)
I can't find the source for this, but apparently iOS loads icons and whatnot into memory, so returning to home screen is faster. If it is true, then cutting down or hiding apps may be better as then there would be less stuff to load

Reactions: 1 person

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disabling the wallpaper might help as well, and tweaking a few things with Springtomizer (Changing animation speed, gray scale icons, etc)
I can't find the source for this, but apparently iOS loads icons and whatnot into memory, so returning to home screen is faster. If it is true, then cutting down or hiding apps may be better as then there would be less stuff to load
While most of the things your mentioned are minimal, the last one is interesting. Loading the apps into memory sounds like something an idevice would do though. Good catch.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a huge waste of time to me. Everyone I know with an iphone whom used to jailbreak gave up because whenever there's an update, you need to scrounge around the net for updated wares. Any sane individual doesn't bother with this any more and just gets all the software legit these days. That is, unless you have tons of free time on your hands and don't have a job I suppose.

It seriously takes 30-45 minutes top to restore your iPhone and jailbreak it. It takes 10 seconds to google iPhone (device version here) jailbreak.
lol

Millions of idevices around the world have been jailbroken so...

Idk where you got your info from

Reactions: 1 person

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got ifile. If I just rename the daemons that I want to delete to have .backup after it and it won't work?
Like daemon.plist.backup

I want to remove the last daemon for the performance boost

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah altering the name in any way will cause the system to not be able to find it.
I would suggest removing the daemons by SSH. I ifile will be easier to make a mistake with.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you decide to crawl out there into the real world one day, you'll find very quickly that the hobby of doing iphone hacks will quickly go *poof* when you have more meaningful things to attend to in life than squatting a gaming forum and hacking gadgets to pirate apps that cost pennies.

However I'm not saying that I'm opposed to piracy per say it is just that eventually it gets old. You'll find out what I mean some day.
I dont really understand why you are bombarding my topic with negativity. I am just giving back to the board that helped me so much.
Anyways, maybe it will someday. But ive been at ir for 5 years and it hasnt gotten old yet... so until then I am happy doing what im doing. :D

Wait wait is there something in my guide that eases piracy?

It gets old. you'll see. but if there is some practical use to it, by all means enjoy for the time being. just make sure to not let the hobby get in the way of other things that carry more meaning. just my advice is all. After all, there is a plethora of wares / system modding online and it can easily take up gobs of spare time to sort through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was listening to the Ice T Iceberg CD other day, good stuff
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i concur
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    power is my fave tho, masterpiece
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on that new ll album
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    steve miller band got me into rock from folk and country
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    fly like an eagle
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys ever heard of group out of detroit called "Top Authority"? They were good too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess this is the power of genres they make you talk about other artists
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What are you guys talking about?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hamsters
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People that do drugs
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I been listening to a f-ton of jrock and jpop lately
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    mainly a lot of go!go! and cibo matto
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lil' hamster yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Big hamster yawn
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop stealing his sayings
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, svebe
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sometimes when I poop I just think that's it?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its like wiping TP over a magic marker, just won't stop showing.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, or diarrhea
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shit: is :shit: +1