Homebrew Lack Of Emulator Updates?

Hansuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why there has been a lack of updates with the DS emulators? It is just kinda wierd... Cause I mean it has been months and months since No$GBA has made an update or any other of the programs. Has Nintendo stepped in to try to stop them? Anyone have a clue what is going on?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, NO$Gba is pretty much finished as far as I'm concerned (unless you're a perfectionist and want the ability to close the DS, or resize the screens). 2.6a is what I use to test roms when they're released, and I haven't had any problems so far, all have played just fine.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't have a clue, but if Nintendo stopped them, we would probably know now.
But some of the emulators are just already very good, and don't need updates anymore (or the developer just doesn't want to perfect those tiny little problems)
I'm thinking of Lameboy and nesDS, those are almost perfect.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
m3rox said:
Well, NO$Gba is pretty much finished as far as I'm concerned (unless you're a perfectionist and want the ability to close the DS, or resize the screens). 2.6a is what I use to test roms when they're released, and I haven't had any problems so far, all have played just fine.
yoshi's island ds can't be played 100% without cheats
theres a wall that should be breakable, but in No$GBA it isn't

Of course this is only one game of the so many available

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
The guy behind no$gba went MIA, nobody's heard from him in months, that's why no$gba no longer gets updates. As far as I know iDeaS is still getting updates fairly frequently (last one was just over a week ago), and DeSmuME got one last month, too. So as far as DS emulators not getting updates, I have no idea what you're talking about.

naveedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just really really really wish, someone would start updateing the snes emulators. They are not good enough at all. So many graphical bugs, and not very much compatibility. Snemulds was a great start. I would really hope that it is continued! I mean the DSI just came out I am sure we can do some new stuff with emulators now that the DSi is comming out!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he kind of has a point but in a different direction and I'm sure I'll get chewed out for it. No$ is fairly well complete, but likely dead. The other two big ones they seem to get betas every few weeks or whatever, and while they patch up a few things they still don't seem to much improve as if there's just some missing data out there that's needed. Also perhaps it's programming language or the plugins (both?) but the two active ones going are slow, even on the fastest of PCs while NO$ runs silky smooth.

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm still pissed Archiede hasn't updated SnEmulDS in AGES. Hell I know co-porcessor chips would be tough to emulate but damn I know the Core SNES could still be emulated a hell of a lot better.

GET ON IT ARCHIEDE.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
m3rox said:
yoshi's island ds can't be played 100% without cheats
theres a wall that should be breakable, but in No$GBA it isn't

Of course this is only one game of the so many available
When trying to play Hotel Dusk on No$GBA, No$GBA displays a few error messages and closes anytime you walk through the hotel, making it unplayable.

DBMONK

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you make a good point.... i dont really keep up with the emulator as much any more but my bro did say something about most new games being a bit "buggy" in his words XD
hate2.gif

naveedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Mister said:
I'm still pissed Archiede hasn't updated SnEmulDS in AGES. Hell I know co-porcessor chips would be tough to emulate but damn I know the Core SNES could still be emulated a hell of a lot better.

GET ON IT ARCHIEDE.

i THINK would be his slave if he would do some work on it. jesus.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Mister said:

GET ON IT ARCHIEDE.

If I was Archeide this post alone would be enough reason to never touch the source code again. Just putting that out there.

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
Seriously Dan and Naveedy, there's so many graphical glitches in SNES games. I can't even play Kirby's Dream Course without having to rearrange layers. Plus some SRAM issues lock up my DS from time to time, such as Super Metroid.

I'm just saying that Archiede has done a great job, but WE ALL know he could do better.

naveedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we need to do some kinda fund raiser or donation, to get Archiede to work on the emulator.

He has a lot of work to do. I would do anything for him, Hell, I would pay money for the emulator to buy it

Posts merged

I think we need to do some kinda fund raiser or donation, to get Archiede to work on the emulator.

He has a lot of work to do. I would do anything for him, Hell, I would pay money for the emulator to buy it

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
DanTheManMS said:
Mr.Mister said:

GET ON IT ARCHIEDE.

If I was Archeide this post alone would be enough reason to never touch the source code again. Just putting that out there.

Totally agree with you DanTheManMS, That post alone is a fucking insult. If you want something done do it yourself you lazy bitches. Don't bitch at us programmers when we've lost interest in a project and provide source code.

wildfire95

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm..
Well, if you want reliability at the most.. make your own emulator.
Its harder to do then you think
wink.gif

You have to remember that people who make homebrew, and make emulators have a life as well as us ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.