RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    Ok... I change my question...
    When NTFS support..?

2. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    I don't think they are planning either at the moment if not for a very long time or ever. High up on the list are
    wireless bluetooth controller support(along with dock)
    sleep mode
    & Optimising emulators to run well/smoothing out compatibilty problems

Can I ask why you need NTFS support for Lakka? In 59 pages you are literally the only person to request it ;P.

Last edited by Jackson98, Jul 30, 2019
  3. toxic9

Dec 13, 2016
    I don't want ntfs support. I was kidding because everyone talks about exfat corruption, and I'm tired of it.
    I just want exfat support. and I don't care about corruption.
    what about exfat correction? ..corruption occurs because homebrew code should be improved to make use of it.

PS:
    corruption happens when writing a file gets messed up and/or the "TOC" is not updated correctly.
    it can happen on every filesystem!
    homebrews are well designed to understand "fat32".
    so, to use exfat correctly they will need to be designed with that in mind.
    fat32 is an obsolete filesystem.
    I can't believe we are in 10tb HDD era and still thinking about fat32!
    we need to move on, or someday we will have future consoles generation, with games like 100Gb each,
    and splitting them on 4Gb files... just to install them! oh boy...

4. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Oh, that was it. thanks

5. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    The thing is, with Lakka, Wii games/Gamecube games and also PS2 games can all be compressed below 4GB and still work fine. Their are very few games in Lakka that require being over 4GB in size and the ones that are run like garbage as they are incredibly demanding Wii Games. As for corruption on a FAT32 SD card its pretty unheard of.

6. toxic9

Dec 13, 2016
    I know fat32 is the world's most compatible file system. no doubt about that. it's here to last!
    but when the switch came across, exfat became very useful.
    I don't use UBS installers at all. I use SD installations, and they are 100% accurate.
    I have used 32Gb Sandisk SD card, then 400Gb Sandisk SD card, and now Samsung 512Gb SD card.
    Always exfat, and no corruption at all. You can call me lucky, but I don't use all shitty homebrew you can download.
    I only use trustworthy Apps.
    I would like to use one card for all. so I'm waiting for exfat support.

7. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    There was a PR for it, but the person who submitted the PR was asked to submit it to the main L4T repos. But they haven't responded since
    https://github.com/lakka-switch/Lakka-LibreELEC/pull/51

exfat certainly isn't perfect, but most of the issues on Switch are caused by Nintendo's buggy FS sysmodule

8. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia

Seems likely to me, as both times I've had SD card issues with exfat both have been ones I've used for the switch. I have swapped mine to FAT32 though and never looked back.
    I would many times over see Play! running on this than see exfat supported, which realistically offers nothing that can't already been done on FAT32 for lakka :). Sadly the Play! core doesn't seem to wan't to work at all in Lakka. While it works in ubuntu through sudo, through Lakka it is completely busted in its current state.

9. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    You are asking the wrong place. Contact Nintendo and ask over there. I doubt they cannot care about it.

Csmrcc likes this.
  10. toxic9

Dec 13, 2016
    Lakka can use its own exfat driver.

11. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    I am talking about Nintendo's fault exfat driver.

12. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Has anyone noticed any sound issues with some of the cores? It's been across multiple ones (MAME-2003Plus, Genesis Plus GX) where it sounds like it can't process audio or there's some buffering issue. Going to the XMB and back into the game clears it, but it definitely didn't happen with the last build.

Also, is there a way to try out cores for this that weren't included with the build? I'd like to compare the core I built for Genesis Plus GX with the one included in this release, I'm sure it handled the Nuked audio synth more efficiently/without slowdown.

13. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Ya noticed a few sound issues that have cropped up with mupen, and idk if im imagining it either but a couple of games seem to have dropped 1-2 fps aswell, with the new retroarch config.

14. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    Try creating a new retroarch.cfg with the older version of lakka & compare with the latest. I would try just by grabbing an older retroarch.cfg and copy pasting into the latest Lakka. If that solves the problem go through and edit the changes in a newer retroarch.cfg file so as to avoid any bugs.

15. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Is it just me, or does GPU overclock no longer work? I have tried extreme overclocks after having increased visual resolution for certain games.
    It literally does nothing now for fps increase. Anyone else having the same issue??
    Coincidentally Hardware Per Pixel Lighting option, in Mupen64, no longer works & causes a crash.
    Edit:
    Going to revert back to the old build, Zelda the Ocarina of Time is now completely broken(in game menu causes a crash), meaning can not equip any items. N64 Games in general seem to stutter much more aswell.

Last edited by Basketto, Jul 31, 2019
  16. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    I still have the old CFG backed up, so I might just try renaming etc. and testing.

Still probably won't fix the speed issue with Nuked audio on Genesis Plus GX though, so I might just roll back to the older version for now.

17. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    Xandrid is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    I have a problem, I'm trying to play 7th Dragon 2020 with the PPSSPP core, but when I'm trying to make a name for my character (which I have too to continue) the keyboard doesn't popup no matter how long I wait. Basically I can't continue the game

18. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    I don't mean to sound naggy and whiny, but my Dreamcast stuff now doesn't load at all. Just throws me back to the xmb, happens with CHD and GDI files.

19. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    That happened to me too. I had to delete my retroarch config. Then it worked

Shaneus likes this.
  20. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Hey, thanks for these settings! What video driver should I be using for PS1 and N64 games? gl, glcore, or vulkan?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted