RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    i think it would have been stated if it'd been fixed :)

Last edited by bad361, Jul 29, 2019
    Csmrcc likes this.
  2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    I have a blackscreen after launching the lakka config in hekate. The files are on sd card, and the card is correctly formatted with fat32.

3. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    All seems to be working well except for a weird text bug using Dreamcast core only it seems.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Picture attached. [​IMG]

Just to be specific, it's when you launch the menu whilst in a Dreamcast game. It doesn't ALWAYS do it. Just sometimes. Pretty irritating though.

Sent from my VOG-L09/Huawei P30 Pro

4. skmp

skmp Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2019
    Switzerland
    @natinusala, As the maintainer and primary author of Reicast, like to point out that Reicast has been forked, and not renamed. Reicast is independently developed from Flycast. Would be nice if you can update the post to reflect the facts :)

Dave_Chad and falquinho like this.
  5. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    For some reason, after updating to this latest Lakka build, I can't select the video and audio drivers in the settings menu anymore. The options to do that are completely gone.

Did they get removed?

6. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    No you just didn't enable advanced settings ;)

7. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Anyone else having speed issues with the Genesis Plus GX core while using Nuked audio? On the core I compiled myself it seemed fine (in the original release), but in this the included one is definitely slower than it should be.

8. Rya102396

Rya102396 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    I'm also just getting a black screen like some of the other people in this thread. First time using Lakka, using a freshly formatted 32GB SD card formatted in fat32.

9. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Your card needs to be formatted with 32k cluster size, I found this out the hard way.

10. Rya102396

Rya102396 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for the suggestion, just tried it but this didn't work for me, still just getting the black screen. Tried booting it multiple times, plus booting to Horizon before trying it again sometimes too.

11. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    And what is with a 400gb card?

12. chillyshackk

chillyshackk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Canada
    Québec, Canada
    I posted the answer to the black screen issue many times,at least one way to solve it which worked for many, search my posts and hopefully it still works :)

13. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    That happens when you have threaded video enabled when running dreamcast. Disable it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

https://gbatemp.net/threads/l4t-lakka-switch-now-with-audio-and-vulkan.538619/page-36#post-8651595

I know its annoying but please take a little time to search through the pages in future ;P this has been mentioned about 10 times through this thread the same solutions are listed many times, you aren't the only ones that have had this problem :).

14. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    What has this to do with a blackscreen? Nothing. But i think i found the problem. The space of my sd card is too much. Tried with a 64GB card. Works!

15. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    It is actually has everything to do with a black screen because many people on various switch models have repeatedly got a black screen and cannot boot into lakka using multiple SD cards. This solution has worked every time, if you have found another one that works for you, or your issue is different, good for you. Also you may not want to criticise people that are trying to help you in you future, because your "nothing" comment isn't remotely correct.

Last edited by Jackson98, Jul 30, 2019
  16. Freeze1919

Freeze1919 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2019
    Australia
    Has anyone find a solution to get the analog triggers working in Dolphin by any chance?? Trying to play though Mario Sunshine :P. It is possible without, just annoying.

17. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    Will it be possible in the future to add exfat support?

And another question, sometimes I see in videos Lakka xmb menu with console controller icons, and we navigate left and right and select the game below correspondent console. How do I set it that way? Thx

18. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    exFAT can corrupt your files.

19. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    All file system can corrupt your files.
    That depends on the exFat driver you use.

20. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    I tried to find a solution to this multiple times. Their is no workaround at the moment.
    The newer verions of Dolphin emulator have an option called "Trigger Threshhold" that ranges between 1-100% anything below 100% emulates an Analog trigger press. Unfortunately we do not have that option in in Lakka yet. However BBOX and Safe Texture options just got added, so their is hope for the future.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Im pretty sure if you use exfat long enough you can definitely corrupt files regardless of what driver. As much as it is a pain transferring everything across and having a 4gb transfer limit(which can be worked around anyway), it isn't worth using exfat. I switched to fat32 never had any regrets. Had 2 SD cards corrupt using exfat, 1 after 6 months and another after several weeks. Ask 95% of the people that use these forums everyone else will tell you the same thing use FAT32 ;). Ive come to think of using Exfat like contracting SD card HIV, sooner or later it will likely get AIDS and die.

Last edited by Jackson98, Jul 30, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted